Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mscassandra Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Iron pill..!
    Uhmm I was suppos to take iron pills 9 months ago for 6 months... I haven't even started my second pack of pills. I was wondering if anyone knew what can happen if your animic ( iron deficiency) and you don't take iron pills... like the side affects and worst things.

I tried looking it up online and couldn't find anything at all. I already know the symptoms of animia I just want to know what are the risks not taking the pills for it.

Thought maybe someone else on here has the same thing?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 01:49 PM
    A decreased amount of iron in your blood, resulting in iron deficient anemia, lowers the body's ability to carry oxygen to the tissues and organs necessary for healthy life functions. It can also cause healing to take longer with any injury or surgery.

Carbon monoxide tends to bind to the red blood cells that do not carry enough oxygen.

This can turn into a life threatening situation. It is imperative that you take your iron supplements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pill [ 2 Answers ]

What is a oblong blue pill with Tyc 365 on it?

The Mini Pill [ 2 Answers ]

I've been taking the mini pill now for just over two weeks. On the 7th day I took my pill three hours late, but on that evening me and my boyfriend had 'dry sex', and I'm scared I might be pregnant. I had my pajama bottoms and underwear on, and he had his underwear on too. Were not sure whether he...

The Pill [ 1 Answers ]

The Birth cotrol pill "yasmine" what are the side effects?

Difference between Iron palm and iron fist [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone give me some info on the difference between Iron Palm and Iron Fist training? And also just some overall wushu reference pages and stuff would be appreciated.

I just got off the pill, am I pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello,:) My husband and I recently decided to have a baby. I have been on the Pill for 5 years. I stopped taking the pill just before I got my last period Which was on Nov 7th. And I haven't a period since then, It has almost Been a month since I should have had it. I have taken 2 at...

View more questions Search