Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Baiteh Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 10:59 AM
    Writing a cover for I751.. is it necessary?
    Is a cover letter necessary when filing the I 751 petition as long as the evidence is neatly arranged? And who should write it? My US citizen wife on my behalf or myself the conditional resident?I see some very contradicting forums online
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Sep 25, 2010, 12:00 PM

Contradicting forums? Always a good idea to include a cover letter. It is from you, the applicant, the person signing the I-751 form.

List off what you are including with the petition; form, check, documents to prove up cohabitation and co-mingling of funds. Make a full copy of the petition for your records and while you are waiting for the biometrics ad the interview, continue to gather supporting documents. Bring copies of the documents to supplement the officers file. The officer usually says something like, "anything else you want to submit ...". Please note, that anything addressed to "Mr & Mrs." or sent to either of you individually, but at the marital address will be useful. Drivers licenses with the same marital address, insurance and your tax return transcripts (check with the IRS website) are particularly useful. They should note your marital status correctly.

I hope this was helpful, good luck.

Sep 25, 2010, 12:26 PM

... thanks cityboy.. by Contradicting meant that some sample letters posted on line showed the US citizen writing a cover on behalf of theapplicant and I found that funny since the instructions don't say that.
    Now speaking of evidence how much is too much for the examiner.. :am planning to submit about ten different categories over the two years of our marriage! Is that an overkill or the more the merrier? after submitting the package, what is the wait period?. is it a must to be summoned for another interview to remove conditions on a CPR?
    Thanks in advance

Sep 25, 2010, 01:29 PM

Submit all you have, you never know what the officer wants. You will need to check online to see what the current processing time is for the I-751. Most will be called in for an interview, even if you have children, etc.

Good luck.

Sep 25, 2010, 01:41 PM

... thanks city boy !some people were telling me if you have satisfactory evidence , chances are very good for you one to avoid the interview... and also I gather They pick cases at random for quality Assurance purposes... someone was telling me photos are no longer a major requirement how solid is that?

Sep 26, 2010, 05:31 AM

Nothing much you can do regarding interview waiver, so prepare for the interview.

Photo's are always helpful, as most married couples have photos. Include them if you have them and mark on them the approximate date and event. Good if you have photos for the entire time of the marriage. Check your social networking pages as well.

Sep 26, 2010, 01:27 PM

As always thanks for the " counsel " cityboy... will get on the preparation part the soonest... I appreciate the encouragement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I751 [ 1 Answers ]

How is the best way to create the affidavits where people confirm to know us a married couple. We would like to save the money for a lawyer.

Form I751 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi is me again , I just received a letter from Vermont ,that I need to send more probes, I really don't have more , I filled for divorce 2 days ago ,may I request to cancel this petition wait 3 months for my divorce ,and get married again with the father of my baby or they can deport me if I don't...

Writing a persuasive cover letter for entry job [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a very persuasive cover letter for an entry job in advertising?

I751-Divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Im confuse if I process my divorce How long is going to take ,if my husband and I have a very good relations and we don't have Kids... Can immigration deny my permanent residence after almost 4 years married , and is the process of my I751 to stop. I really want to divorce I cannot wait for my...

Writing a Check w/Insufficient Balance to Cover It [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Isn't it a crime to write a check out to someone well knowing that you don't have the money in the bank to cover it? As I heard it from a colleague, this would be considered a crime, and a big one in Maryland (where I live). Is that true? I've had three instances with the same person...

View more questions Search