Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gskarczm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 10:53 AM
    Problems with cavetat drainage
    My cavetat is not draining rapidly enough and the water level sometimes becomes very high. I was told by the septic tank company that the only solution is to replact the sand filter for about $8,000. Someone else told me that if I dump Muriatic Acid into the sand trap it will clean things up - a very cheap solution. But I also heard that Muriatic Acid will kill the bacteria in the cavetat so it won't work anymore. Do you have any advice about this? Will Muriatic Acid work? If not are there other relatively inexpensive ways to fix this?
    Thanks
    Greg Karczmar
    ravenette Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Dec 29, 2006, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gskarczm
    My cavetat is not draining rapidly enough and the water level sometimes becomes very high. I was told by the septic tank company that the only solution is to replact the sand filter for about $8,000. Someone else told me that if I dump Muriatic Acid into the sand trap it will clean things up - a very cheap solution. But I also heard that Muriatic Acid will kill the bacteria in the cavetat so it won't work anymore. Do you have any advice about this? Will Muriatic Acid work? If not are there other relatively inexpensive ways to fix this?
    Thanks
    Greg Karczmar
    If this is a modad system you need to have some one clean it out, around 300 dollars and check the battery on the air supply that goes into it to see if it is working or not. This air filter is located by your house and keeps the air moving in the modad to circulate so it won't sit at the top. If this is a filter bed then use yeast from the store that you can get by the flour. Also the ridX is really good to keep the bacteria going and too work cleaning it out so the system will drain better. Some times tree roots, some one driving over the filter bed causes this. As for the acid I am not advising to use it. I may be misunderstanding what you have for your drainage but I have used that acid in our marble shop and its nothing to play with. If it goes into pvc piping your looking at ruining that if it sits for a while. Doooooo call a plumber. Rent a snake and try that. Hopefully something will help. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drainage problems [ 3 Answers ]

Drainage problem I own an older house built in the 1940's with a full unfinished basement,and have had water drainage problems from day one. My house is built on a level lot, It has undeveloped (watershed) property sloping down to the rear of our property onto our level lot. We live on...

Drainage field question [ 5 Answers ]

The overflow pipe for my neighbors septic system is always laying in a pool of water. It has backed up once and flooded his basement so we want to do something to prevent this from happening again. I dug a 6 foot hole with a backhoe and it is all clay. My plan was to dig a 30 foot trench, fill it...

Drainage issues [ 3 Answers ]

Various issues to deal with here, I think. Just moved into a 1 1/2 storey duplex. When draining the kitchen sink, the bathroom sink fills up with waste water and both drain very slowly. The two sinks are opposite one another (separated by a wall), so I assume that they are connected to the same...

Noisy Drainage [ 1 Answers ]

Have begun hearing quite noticeable "cracking" sounds in the walls behind upstairs bathroom whenever water drains from sink or shower (but not toilet). I thought it might be a problem with the water lines and wall studs but have ruled this out by filling sink/tub with stoppers in place. Noise...

Toilet, Vent and Drainage Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my toilet in my condo. Every day, sometimes several times a day, for the past 4 years, every since I got this place, the toilet will "gurgle" and all of the water gets sucked out of the bowl. Most times just flushing the toilet after this happens results in the bowl...

View more questions Search