Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladylover Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 02:29 PM
    Can I give birth to a baby and give it away without my info on the birth certificate?
    Im married and pregnant by someone else I do not want my name on the child's birth certificate
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 02:53 PM

Yes and no.

You will give birth, the birth certificate at birth will contain your name and information, as well as fathers if he is there to sign.

Then someone can adopt ( children are not puppies to be given away) but you will have to sign over your rights and the father will have to sign over his rights to allow the adoption to go quickly and smoothly.

A new birth certificate is issued at adoption, which will show the adopted parents being the birth parents,

If this is a sealed adoption, the original birth certificate is sealed in the courthouse files
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 03:06 PM

There is also the option of the Safe Haven laws, where you can drop a baby off without questions asked.

However, if you give birth in a hospital, your name WILL be on the birth certificate. You can also not place the child for adoption outside of the Safe Haven laws without the consent of the legal father.

Sep 24, 2010, 04:01 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Would this sealed adoption be able to open down the line by anyone? (myself,husband,child,father)

Sep 24, 2010, 04:03 PM
    Comment on Synnen's post
    Do you know of any alternatives to giving birth at a hospital that's equally safe?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 05:54 PM

I haven't given birth in over 18 years.

I would hesitate to direct you ANYWHERE but to a doctor.

There's a lot more of your story that we need to best help you--because your specific situation and state may have other considerations.

Also, please use the "answer this question" box at the bottom of the thread to respond. We do not get notifications of comments, but if you post to the thread, we will get notifications that it has been updated.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 06:04 PM

ladylover : Would this sealed adoption be able to open down the line by anyone? (myself,husband,child,father)

To answer your question. The answer is yes. Its very rare but it can happen for reasons of medical need. It takes court orders and has to be done properly. But it has been done. A fact you must be made aware of.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 24, 2010, 06:09 PM

Please don't use the comments feature to post followups. Use The Answer optons instead.

Yes there seems to be more to this story which might helps us help you, Any reputable medical practitioner, including midwives would be required to report the birth to the authorities.
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Sep 24, 2010, 06:59 PM

In many states there is something called a safehaven law. I live in LA, where the stipulations are that you have to give the infant (under 90? Days old) IN HAND to a founded religious or medical associate, and you do not have to provide anything. No DOB, no name, no birth cert, no social. Pretty amazing, right? THANK YOU for not choosing to murder your infant! It is beautiful that you would allow someone to love and give your baby the chance to be loved.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 24, 2010, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leidenschaftlich für Wahr View Post
    in many states there is something called a safehaven law. I live in LA, where the stipulations are that you have to give the infant (under 90? days old) IN HAND to a founded religious or medical associate, and you do not have to provide anything. no DOB, no name, no birth cert, no social. Pretty amazing, right? THANK YOU for not choosing to murder your infant! It is beautiful that you would allow someone to love and give your baby the chance to be loved.
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I find this to be typical one sided thinking from the anti-abortion camp. For a birth certificate not to be issued it means that the child has to be birthed outside of an official health facility. So that would mean the mother would have to risk not only the child's health but her own. And what about the father? What about his rights? Maybe he would have the desire and wherewithal to provide the child with a good home!

I think we need more info to advise what would be the best course of action in this case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I ever give birth to a baby girl [ 4 Answers ]

I am 26 years old and have two beautiful little boys. My date of birth is 22/12/1980 and my partners is 17/05/1974. We are planning on trying for a third child and obviously I am hoping that we will be blessed with a daughter. Can you give me any indication as to whether we will have a baby girl...

Where should my cat give birth [ 3 Answers ]

She has a box with newspaper inside but just doesn't seem very comfortable... what should I do to help her be more comfortable?she's pacing around a lot so I think she will have baby's quite soon

Doas to give birth to a baby boy [ 2 Answers ]

I am a mother of two daughters and people want me to recite few quranic ayats so that I can give birth to a boy.. is this right.. I hv already conceived and am six week pregnant

When will my cat give birth [ 2 Answers ]

My cat is 64 days today and this morning she wanted a lot of attention but now all she does is sleep and I don't see the kittens move as much as they use to, what does this mean?

Can I give my child my fianc?'s last name if he's already on her birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I want to legally change my daughters last name to my fiance's last name. Her biological father hasn't been in her life or tried to since she's been born. I gave my child his last name because I thought he was going to take part of her life. Do I have to seek her real father's permission to change...

View more questions Search