Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cassandralynne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 12:00 PM
    Is there a natural way to treat kittens that have flees? (they are less than 6weeks)
    Our new baby kittens we brought home have flees! I've never had a pet before that has had them and they are younger than 6 weeks so I can't treat them with chemicals just yet... I don't want a flee problem in our house! What should I do!
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2010, 02:46 PM

The best way right now is to bathe them in warm water and a bit of Dawn dish soap. Then use a flea comb to pick them off and kill them. Make sure you dry them real good and keep them warm.
    Once they are 6 weeks old, pick up some Revolution from your vet. Do NOT use over the counter flea products.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 1, 2010, 07:55 AM
    My kitten was covered with fleas when I got her. She was over 6 weeks but very small for her age. I put one drop of Advantage (from a large dose for dogs) on her neck, watched many fleas whirl around and fall off, but more were still alive. I put a second drop an hour later, more died. Third drop hours later, all gone. I save a lot of money by dosing small drops from a large size on my dog and now this kitten, and I do it less than once a month except at the height of flea and tick season, often just when I first see a flea again. I'm always underdosing, never over, and I need far less than what the manufacturers say.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 1, 2010, 08:01 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Now I see that dog products are not for cats because stronger chemicals... how do I delete my own post?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend doesn't treat me like I treat her; how do I confront her? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear listener, This morning, my best friend woke me up with a call. She literally told me to meet her at her school without asking if I felt better (I have the flu; she could easily tell with my changed voice). Curiously, I asked why she wanted me to come; she said "i really need my debit card, im...

Few day old baby kittens with a lot OF FLEES! [ 17 Answers ]

Hello Friends, I don't know what to do:confused:? They are soooooooo cute, they have REALLY REALLY BIG flees, and a lot of dirt on them... They can hardly see, and they fall over when the walk... They don't have a mom, and I don't want to lose them because of some dumb flees... so that...

Sex before 6weeks is up [ 5 Answers ]

I had my son 12/4/07 and I started having sex when my son was 2weeks I want to know what will or might happen besides pregnancy he have not nutted ion me at all I just need to know:confused:

Flees in the apartment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is gladys duran and my question is as follow my husband n me lived with our baby in a two bedroom apartment but decided to get a one bedroom in the same complex, we were moving on the weeked n noticed the apartment was infested with flees we waited over the weekend to speak with some one...

Kittens have flees! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé and I took in a mother cat and her 6 kittens and they are now 4 or 5 weeks old and are being over-run with flees. The mother must have had them since we got her since she hasn't been outside since. We are just now starting to find homes for them and plan on keeping two of...

View more questions Search