Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjm328 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 09:32 AM
    Recovery time for gunshot?
    I was shot protecting my wife and kids during a home invasion. The bullet entered my abdomen about two inches to the right of my belly button. It grazed my liver and kidney, went through my large and small intestine, appendix, severed a artery and logged in my back muscle. It has been 4 months and I am still experiencing a lot of pain, weakness and I am still not able to sleep in a bed all night. (Recliner is most pain free and comfortable position). Does anyone know how long it will take to recover, and not need pain medication as it really effects my day negatively? Also I have lost a lot of weight and don't want to lose anymore any tips? I had the gastric bypass 4 years ago. So I was the perfect weight prior to getting shot. Now I look sickly.
    Allenda Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Oct 4, 2011, 05:20 AM
    Sorry to hear about what happened, This is something that no-one other than your own doctor would be able to answer with certainty. I have seen cases where the pain would be permanent, and also the complete opposite that once the wound healed after 2 months was completely normal. I see that it was a whil ago that you posted the question, has there been any change since then?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parvo recovery time line? [ 16 Answers ]

I adopted a 9 week old pup. He was OK the first two days, but started to act funny the third day. He was very tired and stopped eating/drinking. I brought him to the vet on day 4. The vet thought that it was parasites, put fluid under his skin, and sent us home. The next day, he wasn't any...

What would the recovery time for a gunshot to the abdomen be? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently writing a screenplay where the main character is shot in the abdomen twice from across the street. The bullets would penetrate her small intestine and she suffers from life threatening complications early on (the details of which I am still working out). My question is what would...

Discectomy recovery time [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend is about to have a discectomy (end of August)as a result of a slipped/prolapsed disc. Firstly, what's the likely recovery time for him resuming work as a fire fighter? And secondly We were planning a holiday to Eygpt in October, would this be wise or should we look to put it off?

View more questions Search