Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 01:59 PM
    List of things to do sticky comments
    Quote Originally Posted by rol
    number 1 for me would be to work out your part in why the breakup happened so that you do not repeat the same pattern in the future.
    Yeah... that's a good one rol, sorry could not rate you as I have to spread the rep first but totally agree...
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2007, 02:22 PM
    number 1 for me would be to work out your part in why the breakup happened so that you do not repeat the same pattern in the future.
    Not so fast here. Self-blame is never good or healthy. If an ex is actually kind and honest enough to give you some constructive criticism, that's one thing. But this rarely happens. It usually boils down to the central idea of misplaced priorities, of making someone too big a part of your life too soon. Let's face it ; no ex is ever going to tell someone "you made me too big a part of your life too soon. I never had to pursue you, you weren't enough of a challenge for me. You were too much of a wuss ; too much of a 'nice guy.'" The remedy for that isn't a lot of self-blame but simly a rearranging of one's priorities, often coupled with a boost to one's self-esteem.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Sep 27, 2007, 02:37 AM
    Sometimes it was not your fault at all...
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 05:17 PM
    I think that even whether you had were at fault there is still reason for reflection and analysis. Its how we learn and grow!!
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 02:07 PM
    This is great. I hope lots of young people see this. When it happens to them they often think it's the end of the world. All they need are some guidelines and here they are. Great work, wontbez!
    chrissy21 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 02:01 PM
    I have a male and female cockatile they laid their first egg 28 days ago. They still have not hatched and you can see the dark spots and the pink veins and the crack they made to try ot get out. Awwwwww this is so sad. Should I take them out and throw them away??
    gallivant_fellow Posts: 157, Reputation: 31

Oct 20, 2007, 11:26 AM
    It would be a good idea to ask that question in a new post. You will get way more answers than just asking it here.
    kamy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 06:44 AM
    I'm doing some practical about transactin entry,when I enter informatin in to pay bill,the system always remind me :account is not in the list. But when I opening the company,I have been enter all account in the chart of account.
    Looking forward your reply,thanks
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Oct 28, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gallivant_fellow
    It would be a good idea to ask that question in a new post. You will get way more answers than just asking it here.
    Ooh, this seems relevant to this other poster too! :D
    dana21 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Well that's great u wrote " in a blue 100 page spiral" haha. Yea I just found this list.. thought it very nice.. very useful!
    helpdave Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2008, 03:06 AM
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. Put a number between you and your ex and they soon get forgotten
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpdave
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. Put a number between you and your ex and they soon get forgotten
    Not sure I understand what you mean by number.
    helpdave Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2008, 11:48 AM
    A number means a person. So if you have been going out with someone, you break up and are not going to get back with them. Sleep with someone else and then the person you had the relationship with is not the last person you sleep with, so it puts a distance between you and them. It's a mental thing, it works for me, but is not for everyone.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 24, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpdave
    A number means a person. So if you have been going out with someone, you break up and are not going to get back with them. Sleep with someone else and then the person you had the relationship with is not the last person you sleep with, so it puts a distance between you and them. It's a mental thing, it works for me, but is not for everyone.
    It's a mental mess that just digs a deeper hole... it really doesn't help anything if your prior relationship was more than sex and more emotional. I don't see how this solves anything... but whatever floats your boat... Sex has never been the solution to any problem if I can recall.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 02:15 PM
    What about the one you use to get over the ex?
    JerseyGuy Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2008, 03:05 PM
    May not work for everyone but try going out with a new person, helped prove to myself I can have fun with a someone else and it also bothered my ex for some reason(not the reason I did it though)
    jamimama Posts: 65, Reputation: 9

Apr 2, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Any good post-break up song recommendations for running or for listening to when I'm feeling down? I'm thinking cheesy independence anthems like Journey "Don't Stop Believing" and Natasha Bedingfield "Unwritten."

Themes being positivity, independence, freedom, etc.
    stuck719 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 09:40 AM
    I've been wallowing for some time. So tired of it. Thanks for the advice.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

May 13, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamimama
    Any good post-break up song recommendations for running or for listening to when I'm feeling down?
    Found a new one recently (older song actually)...

Don't tell me what to think.
    Cause I don't care this time.
    Don't tell me what you believe,
    Cause you wont be there
    To catch me when I fall.
    But you'll need me
    when I'm not here at all.
    Don't tell me how life is,
    Cause I don't really wanna know.
    Don't tell me how this game ends,
    Cause we'll just see how it goes.

3 Doors Down - Going Down in Flames
    Tinkerbell24 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

May 28, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell24
    the frist thing i did was BURN ALL OF HIS STUFF THAT I HAD. pictures, and some clothes. it helped out a lot
    that was my own little closure and now I'm dating this amazing guy who is a heck of a lot better than my x could ever be:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jolienore Sticky comments. [ 184 Answers ]

I would like this on an index card; thanks.

Ash123 sticky comments [ 228 Answers ]

My gosh.... I wish I had thought of something as wonderful as that!:p You're wise and I love your step-by-step method. Thank you:)

Friend4u sticky comments [ 386 Answers ]

Oh! My God! That was brilliant. Let’s hope everyone hurting from relationship fallout reads it. I wish you a wonderful life from here on in.

List of things to do after a breakup [ 85 Answers ]

Feel free to add to this list. 1. Volunteer 2. Take a class in something you're interested in 3. Learn a foreign language 4. Read a book on the best seller chart 5. Take up a sport (with friends is best) like Bowling or Golf 6. Call old friends and family members 7. Play some video...

View more questions Search