Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 08:55 AM
    Judgement removal
    I am trying to remove a judgement from my credit. It is from an apartment complex. First I need to know the correct amount to pay and second to correct place to pay; so when this is done it will reflect on my credit as paid. I need help in finding the proper channels and procedures.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Go the court that issued the judgment and get a copy of it. That should have all the information on it.

SInce you have a judgment against you check your credit report to see if it is listed.

Once you have paid it send letter to all three credit bureaus the receipt showing paid and satified.
    mrswilsont2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thj
    I am trying to remove a judgement from my credit. It is from an apartment complex. First I need to know the correct amount to pay and second to correct place to pay; so when this is done it will reflect on my credit as paid. I need help in finding the proper channels and procedures.
    Hey! What you need is a copy of your credit report if you have that then you need to look over your credit report being it is an judgement you will find this in your public files. You should see the company that took you to court. Then you can contact that company and let them know that you have an negative mark on your credit report that you have questions on and from there they will be able to tell you if you have an outstanding account with them. Be sure to ask them the balance, account number & mailing address.

However, they will not release a judgment off your credit report for 7 to 10 years. From the date that it was reported. But they will release the negative mark and place it as paid but satisfied. Hope this helped you good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have a joint checking & savings account together. I have a "renewed" judgement from my previous marriage of 15 years ago. Can this bank who has renewed this judgment attach or freeze my boyfriend's and my account? Also can they garnish my wages at work? I currently make...

Judgement [ 2 Answers ]

After being awarded my judgement in court, how do I file it against an individuals credit rating? New York State.

Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

... Will you receive something in the mail notifying of a judgement against you... or can the creditor just get a judgement against you... and garnish wages and/or bank accounts without you knowing...

Judgement Against Me [ 3 Answers ]

Will A Judgement Against Me Cause Problems With My Husband Getting A Refinance On Our House?

View more questions Search