Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadiesmom Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Dec 29, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Christian forum/leadership
    Does anyone know of a good christian forum? I used to attend church regularly but it has been several years. My pastor left our church because it was so bad he couldn't take it anymore. I really miss good christian fellowship. I miss the closeness I used to have with God. Is is just me or do others feel that we are truly lacking christian leadership?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Dec 29, 2006, 09:16 AM
    What's wrong with this forum? : )

The Alta Vista search engine provides many sites you might want to explore:
    http://www.altavista.com/web/results...ms&kgs=1&kls=0

I share your viewpoint most denominations are lacking good Christian leadership.

BTW
    Closeness with God shouldn't depend on the conduct of other humans. We humans are sinners despite our best efforts and will make mistakes and offend. If we base closeness to God on such a flimsy foundation then we will always come away dissapointed.

Romans 7:13-25 NIV
    21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 09:40 AM
    I'll second that. I know of others but I like this one :)

Dec 29, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Well I guess I was really looking for some type of women's chat. This is a good forum with caring people. :) I think our primary down fall (or at least in my life) is cares of this world. It is hard to be victorious and lead others when we are caught up in a snare. I would really appreciate any prayers. Thanks in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2006, 10:00 AM
    I am sorry a pastor who is in a church that needs help is where he is suppose to be, giving up is not a good thing for a pastor to do, He should refuse to even be ran off, since a pastor is come to preach and teach unsaved as much as to help the saved.

But so one church did not work out in your opinion, so you give up on going to church at all, not very christian, you go and work on making that church better or you go and find another local church.

Not going to church because you blame the actions of another is no real excuse.

Dec 29, 2006, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I am sorry a pastor who is in a church that needs help is where he is suppose to be, giving up is not a good thing for a pastor to do, He should refuse to even be ran off, since a pastor is come to preach and teach unsaved as much as to help the saved.

But so one church did not work out in your opinion, so you give up on going to church at all, not very christian, you go and work on making that church better or you go and find another local church.

Not going to church because you blame the actions of another is no real excuse.
    That is your opinion. Sometimes you need to shake the dust off your feet and recognize some people don't want the truth. I could go into an explanation but I don't believe I need to defend myself or my pastor. You don't know any of the circumstances in this situation. I never said I gave up on church, just the church I was attending.
    Bairdh Posts: 21, Reputation: 9

Jan 13, 2007, 12:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadiesmom
    Does anyone know of a good christian forum? I used to attend church regularly but it has been several years. my pastor left our church because it was so bad he couldnt take it anymore. i really miss good christian fellowship. i miss the closeness i used to have with God. Is is just me or do others feel that we are truly lacking christian leadership?
    Mario Murillo Ministries Phoenix First Assembly 2006 Creflo Dollar Ministries Reasons To Believe: Hugh Ross, Fazale Rana, Kenneth Samples, David Rogstad, Jeff Zweerink www.tdjakes.org

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On Being a Christian [ 14 Answers ]

What did Jesus tell his disciples they should do? And, if someone does those things, is he then a Christian, or is there something more that he must do that Jesus did not mention? Will all Christians be saved? What does Jesus say about that? M:)RGANITE

Christian Discovery [ 3 Answers ]

Do You Have Nay Subject Of New Discovery Regarding Christian Discovery Or Any Proof Of The Bible Artificats?

Christian [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am Mich3. I was looking for a Christian page. Is there one here?

Know a good christian website/forum? [ 11 Answers ]

I checked into this forum a few days ago. But I clearly see how religion divides people. Mysticism, mediiums, astrology, all things I learned about were from a spirit of witchcraft almost a lifetime ago. Hearing these things makes me sad for all of the evangelists among us trying to help people...

View more questions Search