Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeM72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Relationship
    Hi My name is Joe,
    My problem is 3 months ago I met this girl. We have been so called dating ever since. We are both in our 30's. We see each other every day since we met. Shortly after we met she confided in me that she is bi polar. She has always sought help for her problem and always takes her meds. THE BIG PROBLEM IS THAT I TRULY FELL IN LOVE WITH HER! She never tells me how she feels about me, she shows absolutely no affection towards me at all. In the 3 months we have been together we were slightly intimate once. Just a little french kissing. This is very difficult for me. The thing is she looks for me all the time and calls me in the day and evening to get together. When we are out I notice if I come back from the restroom for example she is frantically looking for me to return. I feel like an idiot sometimes asking her what her feelings are towards me. At times she says I'm a boyfriend to her and others I'm more than a friend. She won't tell me what this means?
    The other thing is she recently tried to commit suicide and I AM THE ONE SHE CALLED AT 5 IN THE MORNING TO HELP. DOES THIS MEAN I AM IMPORTANT TO HER OR JUST CONVENIENTLY THERE. She could have woke her mom up but called me. I had to run to her house wake her mom and they asked me to take her to the hospital. So I did.
    Again I am truly in love with her and I do not want to leave her. (People tell me I should)
    I have written to many bi polar web sites that claim they answer yet I never get a response. Are my questions answered by Proffesionals? Are they answered by females who have bi polar disorder themselves who can explain what my girlfriend feels? Yes I have read about bi polar disorderand spoken to my girlfriend who has bipolar disorder about it. A response would be much apreciated.
    Thank you, Joe
    sadiesmom Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Dec 29, 2006, 07:42 AM
    joe, most likely what you have gotten from her in the "relationship" in the past is what you will continue to get from her in the future. is that something you can settle for for possibly years to come (if not longer)? these relationships are sometimes like webs we get tangled up in and can't seem to or want to get out of them. i got tangled up in a relationship like that and it lasted for years. i as so thankful i am finally free from it. your friends are able to see the situation objectively. the choice is yours, but be fully informed. check out the websites on bipolar disorder.
    mscassandra Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Okay, Its already been 3 months so you have to make the decesion of if your ready to stand by her side through it all. Because she obivously cares about you, if she calls, comes over and calls you when she needs the most help. You have to remember she has a disorder, and that her whole life she might have been made fun of or rejected because of it. It might not be easy for her to let you close, and its probably not because she doesn't want to show she cares but because she doesn't know how. You have to realize that this disorder is extremely sever for some people and judging by what you say she probably has a sever case of it. Sometimes they have good days and sometimes bad days. If you do decide that this is not going to work for you because its too much of a responsibiliy, be careful. If you decide to leave her, remember that she doesn't think like normal people and she is going to take it a lot worse. So you need to let her go slowly and keep an eye out on her once you do. If she's a attempted suicide, and you were the one she called. She cares, a lot. Just remember that to her everything seems more serious and situations are a lot worse, they tend to have horrible fits and outbursts. It takes them time to get used to a person and to let themselves get close. I know this because I have severaly friends with this disorder, but it doesn't mean that I'm right. They are all different depending on their childhood,parents, friends and such.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What relationship should I go for? [ 32 Answers ]

Hey all! As some of you possibly know I resently broke up with my girlfriend. No I just have one question. Many people here have told me to MOVE ON! And I have! :D Not to a new girl or anything yet but I will... in time :) But I dicided not to make any uneeded contact with her for a...

Relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anything in the Bible that says that is a female has sex with male that she lwave a part of her spirit or her soul with that man?

Relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend just broke up, he told me for the last two months it's been nothing but arguments and he feels that mybe we should step back and be friends and if it's meant for us to get back together then it will happen. He told me abfter talking for a some time he would call back but didn't,...

My relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I have been involve with a man for 1 year and he's involve with another women and claims he going to leave her for me, I do believe he's in love with me because of the things he does for me and also we are getting ready to buy a home together and get married this year, I guess my question is are we...

View more questions Search