Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Delco conditionair
    How do you check the pilot light for a Delco conditionair? We had our heat on for three days, then turned it off. Now when we turn it on again, there is no heat, seems to be no pilot light, and there is a slight smell of gas. If these indicate that the pilot light is off, can we turn it on ourselves? How?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Are you sure it has a pilot light? Follow the gas line into the furnace. It will go to a box with a red button and 3 tubes going on into the furnace. Follow the 2 smaller ones. The pilot light will be where they end. If it is like everything else, turn the gas control to pilot and push the red button in. Light the pilot when the gas comes on and hold it down. I usually hold it down about 2 minutes to make sure it doesn't go out when I let go. Then turn the gas control back to on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GM-Delco/heat [ 3 Answers ]

GM-Delco/heat, gas. Model #4926 450, house was built in 1959. What are specifications, size BTUs. I don't know how furnace size is rated, could this be 5 tons or less? Thanks for your help

Delco-Heat Conditionair [ 6 Answers ]

If there is someone who can guide me I would appreciate it. I recently bought a house that has a Delco-Heat Condionair by GM. The pilot light is lit, but I can't get the heat to come on. I can't find a switch, directions, or anything else. Am I missing something? Advice will be extremely...

View more questions Search