Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninergal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 12:30 AM
    25 year marriage... I want him to stop drinking so we can be happy again!
    I want to get m husband out of house and me and kids back in. I left last Thursday after another round of verbal abuse against my kids. Since I left, I have told him repeatedly that I am done with him until he is clean and sober for a while. His response is that I'm just being silly and everyone has their problems. He has been abusive in the past and I'm a little intimidated to push the issue. We have 3 "kids" together (17 yr old twins and 21 yr old). The kids actually were the ones that told me finally they would not come home again unless he is gone. We are now in a motel and he refuses to leave the house. How do I get him out without the humiliation of police involvement?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 05:47 AM

Get the police involved... by your own words he is a mean drunk... and its not the first time. Depending on where you actually live the police may make HIM leave the house... and he's not going to change unless HE wants to change... its clear he doesn't.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 23, 2010, 06:21 AM
    There is no humiliation in asking the police and courts for help in dealing with an abusive husband/drunk. The police would much rather get involved when things are more sober than to have to respond to a drunken incident.

Contact your local women's shelter, Al-Anon (Welcome to Al-Anon and Alateen), and/or a lawyer versed in Family Law to find out what your legal recourses are for getting him out and you back in.

Either that or find a place of your own and don't return to the house except to get your belongings.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 11:36 AM

There is nothing more humiliating than a wife and scared kids living in a motel, call the cops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I STOP drinking? [ 68 Answers ]

Over the past year or so I've found myself having at least one drink a day. I enjoyed having a glass of wine or a beer with dinner or later on in the evening. Well, slowly, the number of drinks have increased and I can't seem to stop. I have one drink, and it feels so good to have that warm...

Not happy in my marriage [ 20 Answers ]

I have been married for 11 years, have an 8 year old son. Within the last 6 years things have drastically changed. My wife does not work nor does she want to. She sits around the house all day and does NOTHING, no cleaning, dishes, nothing. Meals are fit for a kid and even my son doesn't want to...

Stop me drinking [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to quit alcohol I find it impossible, being battling it for years I don't like the AA tried rehab can stop for 4-5 days then the cravings get too much. Was thinking about anti- booze tablets but am afraid of the after effects or long term health problems:confused: :mad:

Stop drinking soda! [ 10 Answers ]

Has anyone else had trouble with soda? I want to STOP but it seems impossible, especially in the AM. I rarely drink and don't smoke (30yrs old and never even tried drugs) Dr. Pepper is my downfall! :eek:

Age difference in marriage and drinking [ 3 Answers ]

If my husband is 38 Years old and I am 18 years old,Am I legally allowed to drink with my husband at the bar even though the legal age is 21?

View more questions Search