1/2(m-3n)=5 3(m 4n)=-12
    I tried the elimination method but have the wrong answer
    Zesty209 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 09:15 PM

I always used MyAlgebra - Solve Your Algebra Problems Online
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 03:07 AM
    Can you rewrite your question please? There are signs I think you messed up.

Is that your equation?

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty209 View Post
    And you will never be able to get this site available in your exams, and you'll probably your exams and you will also probably have to repeat a year of your life :rolleyes:
    nycfunction Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Sep 23, 2010, 02:48 PM

You need to rewrite this fractional equation. It makes no sense as posted. There should not be two equal signs.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 08:24 AM

I thought so too, but if there was a plus, minus, multiply or divide sign (or other signs) the equation would have infinite solutions... :rolleyes: In any case, the poster should rewrite the question.
    nycfunction Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Sep 24, 2010, 02:25 PM
    The problem with this site is the fact that students do not reply when answers are given. I like algebra.com because students take time to thank the online math tutors for help. I have not yet seen a THANK YOU in any of the forums here.

melsqueakers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 03:43 PM
    Hey Guys, sorry I did forget an addition sign (m+4n). I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

BTW nycfunction, As a parent who helped her child sign onto this site to help us, I would have said THANK YOU to any and all responses we received. This was the only question out of 25 we had difficulty obtaining the correct answer. I help my daughter with math every night and she always thanks me as well.

Thank You to the 5 people who took the time to respond to our question! I appreciate all of you who take the time to help these kids who are having trouble with math! Its comforting as a parent to know kids have an additional source of help other than teachers and parents to turn to when they're stuck! Again, I apologize for typing in the question incorrectly, it was late and we were frustrated with the process. This was the first time we tried one of these sites and if we become stuck again, I know where to turn! Thank You :)
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2010, 12:51 AM

Well actually, some decent people (like this poster :)) come and thank the people who answer them. You probably haven't been here for enough time, nycfunction to see the rare people who thank others, but they are there.

I was one of them, brought here by a chemistry question, and later, I became attached to the site and I was surprised to being promoted to what I am now. I'm thankful for all the people who support me in here and make things easier.

Unfortunately, with the new skin, things have changed and many of them are leaving the site... and having my exams soon, I haven't been able to look into the matter well. I only have responded to the threads in the boards I usually go.

Apart from that, melspeakers, do you still have problems with this equation? :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search