Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sk8boardfr3ak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 05:10 PM
    I want to know how to regain my parents trust after being arrested?
    Hi, I've recently been caught buying weed in school and want to know how to regain my parents trust back to the point where it seemed like it never happened. When I was caught and arrested I was told that this would be on my record forever and that I might be expelled from school. Also my parents said that if I'm not excepted back into that school that I might be sent to nicaragua to live with my mom which trust me is not a great place to raise your kid. I want to know how to regain my parents trust back and keep them from sending me to nicaragua. Thank you for reading and any of your answers will help. Also I'm 13 and a guy
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 05:20 PM

For one thing you need to stay away from weed. Another is your going to have to be an angel in the household. Do extra chores and do as your told without having been told a second time. Respect your parents. And don't think this is going away over night. It might take years.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 05:23 PM

"hi, ive recently been caught buying weed in school and want to know how to regain my parents trust back to the point where it seemed like it never happened".

Time.

You have to earn their trust. That could take a long time.

I don't know anything about the law as far as your age (13) is concerned. I do know that if it does stay on your record, you will have a hard time finding a good job, apartment, etc in the future.

I'm sorry you did this. You are so young.

Again, your parents need time and from now on, you better really think about the consequences before doing something that can get you into even more trouble.
    quisha Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Oct 7, 2010, 12:15 PM
    I've been arrested to for being blamed on putting something in my mother's drink and she still believes a total stranger over her own daughter. What I did day to day was that I kept telling her that I loved her and I appreciated all the things she did for me and I did little and big things for her when she didn't ask.. and do good in school... I gained my trust back FAST..
    poggward Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 10:03 PM
    Time is the right answer. Consistency really. When someone's trust has been tested, they really need to see that you have changed and feel confident that you will keep it up.
    cbass Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Oct 15, 2010, 04:44 PM

Trust go's both ways you have to really trust them before they can fully trust you also. Trust them enough to tell them what is going on. Good or bad. Coming from you is better than the cops. Also ask there opinion on this matter. Thet them know how much it bothers you that you lost there trust. I agree time is the right answer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 07:41 PM

Well the good news, at 13, it is most likely you were arrested and would be in Juvie court, so your records would seal at 18.
    While I would like to scare you badly, I can not lie to you either.

And while South American is a wonderful place to visit, unless you have family there, your parents can't just send you away.

How do you gain back trust,
    1. realise they are hurt and mad.
    2. they see you as a crack head laying homeless in a doorway at 20. And dead by 30
    3. you just follow the rules, stop doing illegal things, do better in school and let time take its course.

*** also remember most people who get caught with drugs do so because their friends give them up when caught.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I Regain My Parents' Trust? [ 23 Answers ]

Today, I had to go to my cousin's wedding (which no one wanted to go to) and we were planning on staying for maybe 2 or 3 hours *It started @ 1pm*. Then I had found out about a huge cookout that was going on that night so I really wanted to go. After trying to get my "hammered" mother ready to go...

How to regain trust [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has lost her trust for me how do I retain that trust we her ?

Regain his trust [ 7 Answers ]

Well, I need advice big time, it all started when my boy friend was avoiding my for about 2-3 weeks and I thought he had another affair but he didn't but I just wanted to be sure, so I told a friend of mine to message him on this site and she did, he also stared talking to her even up to the point...

View more questions Search