Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronaldtredo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 05:51 PM
    Two 15 amp breakers what size breaker should I use to feed the panel
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 06:42 PM

I can't quite picture what you are saying or doing. The breakers are in the panel and are fed by a main or are you creating a sub panel with 2 breakers?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2010, 06:44 PM

What size is wire feeding the panel. This will control maximum size of main breaker. U can not use a main larger then rating for panel box.

Chuck
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 02:20 PM
    Can you use more words to explain what your doing, what you have, and why your doing it?

Based on the small amount of information given, the answer is #4 copper wire is needed to feed the panel.
    ronaldtredo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 07:30 PM

IT's a sub panel rated at 70 amps with is a two 15 amp breakers only.The question is what size breaker can I should I use to supply the panel is a 40 or 50 amp OK .sorry for the confusion.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 05:18 AM
    I will assume this is a two circuit panel, with space for only two single pole breakers.

You can you a two pole 15 amp breaker at the Main panel and use #14-3 plus ground cable to feed this panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I put a 150 amp breaker in a 200 amp panel to feed a 150 amp sub panel? [ 8 Answers ]

Can I put a 150 amp breaker in a 200 amp panel to feed a 150 amp sub panel with a 200 amp service?

Can I tapinto the line side of a100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker service [ 1 Answers ]

Can I tap into the line side of a 100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker for a electric stove

Breaker to feed a sub panel [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have run out of room on my main panel and was planning to run a sub panel to the back of the house, about 25ft. Is there a specific type of breaker needed to run a connection to a sub panel? I have an unused 50/50 amp breaker (See picture) that I was planning to use. All the...

Breaker size in main panel to support sub panel? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am wiring a sub-panel to the outside of my home (50 feet from main 200 amp box). I ran 3 wire - 6 gauge. What is the largest 2 pole breaker I can put in the main panel to supply the sub-panel. TYPE NM-B 6-3 WITH GROUND 600 VOLTS CIRTEX-I EZ-STRIP (R) PLUS 17:11 2/5/07 SB/RC ...

Compatibilities between awg wiring, breaker amp size, outlet amp size [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Is there a resource out there, prefereably on the web, that outlines the compatibilities between awg wiring, the breaker amp size, outlet amp size, how many recepticles/outlets can be on x amp outlet, etc? For example, it would be nice to see something that shows: you can use a 20 amp...

View more questions Search