Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaimelou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 08:48 AM
    Dachshund help
    My dachshund just started yesterday having back spasms and acting like he can't move his right leg normally .but this morning he seemed fine but when he went outside to pee he couldn't walk back up the steps , but he walks fine sometimes then sometimes he's real stiff , he also sometimes arches his back. He's three years old and I'm so scared of ivdd , I called my vet he said to try rest and go from there... just curious of some input.. thanks
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 08:52 AM

I'm surprised that the vet didn't ask you to come in.

Sadly dachshunds are prone to back problems. It's best to get this checked out and find the best treatment if this is in fact the diagnosis.

We can't give you an accurate diagnosis over the internet, only a vet can do the testing necessary to figure out what's going on.

Rest is good, not letting him jump up on things (the couch, the bed) and helping him with the stairs. Make an appointment with the vet and go from there.

I wish you luck. I hope he's okay.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2010, 04:26 PM

A friend of mine said a visit to the dog Chiropractor worked wonders for her dog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coughing dachshund [ 5 Answers ]

Can a dog take human cough medicine?

Dachshund [ 1 Answers ]

Last week my dog got sick with this rare hemalitic anemia sorry not sure how to spell it .the problem is that we tried to save him with blood transfusions and medicine he never made it out of the hospital 4 days of work on him the only thing they said that something triggered it off . Not sure what...

Dachshund [ 2 Answers ]

I Have Been Taking Care Of My Brother-in-laws Two Mini Dachshunds Since He Was Called Up (army) About A Year Ago, One Of Them Has Become Very Aggressive About Everything Space, Toys, Bones, My Daughter, But I'm The One Who Does For Them, But He Sleeps With My Daughter Why Would He Start...

Dachshund [ 2 Answers ]

I just adopted a 5 year old miniature dachshund. I have noticed that she has not been eating very much. She goes over to her food dish, puts her nose down into it and pushes the food around. What does that mean?

View more questions Search