Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alavallee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 06:07 AM
    The outside fan won't start unless I push it with a stick, what is the problem?
    applianceman Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2010, 08:12 PM
    Condenser fan start capacitor is bad. Look for oil that has leaked out of it. That is a sure sign.
    VoiceofReasonNK Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 06:06 AM
    I just had the same problem. I replaced the motor with no luck. It turned out to be a bad capacitor. If it is a dual capacitor, three prongs on top, it also starts the compressor. It is recommended to replace the capacitor anytime you replace a motor. I would try replacing the capacitor first. It is a lot cheaper that a new motor. If that does not fix the problem then you can get a motor. No harm, no foul. The slow start of the motor is a common symptom of a bad capacitor. The motor is not getting enough voltage. The capacitor increases the voltage like a transformer. It will boost it to almost 400 volts, depending on your unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 93 honda civic hatchback won't start if I push it and put it on 3rd gear it will run [ 3 Answers ]

I replace the starter and still the same thing .

I put a new capicator in my ac and I still have to use a stick to start the fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1994 comfort maker central air conditioner and the fan on the motor won't spin on its own. I put a new capicator in also, do I need a new motor how much is this?

Air conditioner fan won't turn unless I push it with a stick. [ 1 Answers ]

Once I push the fan, it will stay running until the unit kicks off then goes to kick on again. Then it won't turn and I have to shut it off, then back on and then use the stick again. I saw some posts about a similar issue, but don't know what to look at on the unit as far as checking things out.

Why won't peel and stick tile stick to plywood? [ 2 Answers ]

Why can't we get the peel and stick floor tile to stick to plywood? We tried the primer and adhiesive and a few other things.. nothing works. Is it likely we may have to buy something such as very very thin wood that looks like paneling, I can't remember the name, to cover the floor in and lay it...

View more questions Search