Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myjimmy13 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Comment on Wildsporty's post
    It has been about 14 yrs I did call my oldboss andshe said it was with mutual risk I cantseem to find that investments info

Sep 29, 2010, 12:13 PM
    I can't seem to find any info on this 401k anywhere

Sep 29, 2010, 12:14 PM
    I even ask my old boss if she can call her newinvestment to find out where the old one was rolledover to and she said that she could not do that? I asked why and shedidny have an ansmer for meso nowwhat?

Sep 29, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Can you give methe info to the social security please?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Sep 29, 2010, 12:23 PM

Wow! 14 years is a long time. You might have a hard time tracking it down and it may have gone to admin fees by now and there may not be a 401K amount left.

If you still have money than you should be receiving statements from that account. If you have moved and did not change address's they have probably been returned to the investment company.

I do not hold much hope out for you to recover it after 14 years, however you might try one last thing and call the Department of Labor benefits division.

Dept. of Labor's Employee Benefits Security Administration at 202-219-8776 or toll free at 866-275-7922

Shirley

Sep 29, 2010, 12:26 PM
    Thank you so much I will give that a try! Have a great day where ever you are
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 29, 2010, 12:29 PM

A couple of other suggestions:

1. You can try the National Registry of Unclaimed Retirement Benefits (NRURB). They are responsible with keeping over 50,000 individual retirement accounts for individuals who have forgotten 401(k), profit sharing and other company sponsored plan balances that have been abandoned: http://www.unclaimedretirementbenefits.com/

2. Go on-line and search for abandoned property in the state you lived in at the time. If you have not been receiving statements from the 401(k) plan administrator they may now consider you lost, and by law they would have turned your assets over to the state. Every state has a program to try to reunite people with their lost assets. Here is a free web site that lets you search your state’s database of abandoned assets: Missing Money Free Search for Unclaimed Property - Officially endorsed By The States and Provinces . It’s a good idea to do a search on every state you ever lived in to see if there are abandoned assets in your name.

Good luck - and please let us know if either of these approaches work for you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 29, 2010, 03:21 PM

Please don't use the comments feature to post a follow-up question. Use the answer options.

Look up your local SSA office in the phone book and make an appointment.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 30, 2010, 07:56 AM

You've asked this same question in multiple threads, but haven't responded yet as to whether the suggestions we've already given you have helped or not. Have you tried what was suggested? See: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/retire...1k-511710.html and https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/retire...sk-509632.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 30, 2010, 03:16 PM

I've merged all your threads. Please don't keep starting new threads with the same question. If you need to post more info then use the Answer options. Don't use the Comments feature to post followups.

Please try the advice you have been given before asking for more help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find out who my 401k plan is with? [ 5 Answers ]

This plan is from a previous employer. I need to locate my plan. I have not gotten help from my employer. I was a teacher for the state of ms. Thank you for your help.

How to find out if there is any money from my deceased husbands 401k plan [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was murdered 2 years ago, He worked for Vista Paints for a few years then he was a Manager for Lowe's in Moreno Valley I know he had a 401K at both places. How do I find out if me or His two children are Intitled to that money?

Is there an example of a 401K waiver that is read to 401K plan participants [ 0 Answers ]

Is there an example of a 401K waiver that is read to 401k plan participants, when they are processing a distribution from their plan with the recordkeeper over the phone.

Company moved my 401K to different mutual fund and I lost money [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have 401 plan with company that I left a couple years ago. Six months ago they moved all 401 plans to another provider and failed to informed me. During this move that chose a mutual fund for my money and I lost about $500.00 because of it. My question is: were they supposed to put my...

View more questions Search