Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    recos Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2010, 03:29 PM
    B&S single OHV won't run can head gasket be the problem?
    MTD ridding mower accidentally hit a root [ separate problem // the devise once in motion will not stop] & engine strained then stalled. When restarted ran with no power but did get under cover. Next day will not start; has spark;added fuel to carb & no start; removed fly wheel & no damage or misalignment of key way. Removed valve cover & vales move when flywheel hand turned. Valve gap is with in specks & push rods not bent. Removed head & don't know if gasket is bad.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 04:22 PM

It really won't matter now once you removed the head you have to replace the gasket with a new one. What do you mean " the devise once in motion will not stop"
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 02:24 PM

What is with the negative rating on my answer? You said you didn't know if the gasket was blown and it doesn't matter. Once you pull the head you can't reuse the gasket and must get a new one. The rest of your rating reads ".[belt adjustment prob caused the machine to always be moving/no fast stop.]" which makes no sense at all. You said any help would be appreciated and then dumped on the one and only person who tried to help you. You are on your own now.
    recos Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Sep 22, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    The question was not answered / the question was... to find out how I could determine if indeed the problem was the gasket. It would make no sense to replace the gasket to find that it was something else & had to be removed again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My jeep turns over but won't start. It will run when I put starting fluid but won't run [ 2 Answers ]

My Jeep will will turn over but won't start. I changed the "O" ring in the injectors cause I heard that might be a problem, still nothing. It will start when I spray starting fluid but will only run until it burns through the fluid.

95 Civic won't start after head gasket [ 4 Answers ]

I just put a new head gasket on a 1995 Honda Civic with a B17b7 1.5L Non V Tech. I replaced the spark plugs, as well as the plug wires. I gapped the plugs to 1.1 mm like it said to do under the hood. My customer told me that the timing belt is brand new, and it looks brand new so I did not replace...

Changed head gasket on peugeot 206 now car won't start [ 4 Answers ]

Hiya can some one help!! I just changed the head gasket in my peugeot 206 and now the car won't start and battery died, I tried to jump start it but that didn't work, has anyone had this problem or know what's wrong with it, please advise!

Head gasket changed on peugeot 206, car won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I had my head gasket and timing belt changed on my peugeot 206, the car drove away from the garage fine. I stopped off to do some shopping, went back to the car and it wouldn't start. Was making a whirring sound when I turned the key. Any advice would be appreciated?

Briggs 14.5 ohv won't run [ 5 Answers ]

I have a yard machine mower that has been running fine. Last week it shut off twice in the middle of cutting but started right back up. This week when I went to cut it started as normal ran for about twenty seconds and died won't start again. If I pour gas in the carb it will fire up, so I know...

View more questions Search