Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pacino12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 02:18 PM
    Cash dividends and retained earnings
    Papa Roach Exterminators, Inc. has sales of $512,000, costs of $265,000, depreciation expense of $32,000, interest expense of $20,000, and a tax rate of 35 percent.

If the firm paid out $63,000 in cash dividends, the addition to retained earnings is $_____?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2010, 03:29 AM

Please read the guidelines for posting homework that are at the top of this forum:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2010, 02:33 PM

First you need to calculate EBIT, then you calculate the amount of taxes, then you can calculate Net Income.

You will subtract your cash dividends from your Net Income and you will arrive at your answer.
    markjrivera Posts: 9, Reputation: -1

Sep 30, 2010, 03:17 AM

The payment of dividends to the shareholders is immaterial to the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retained Earnings = Earnings less dividends [ 5 Answers ]

Could someone confirm that's the correct definition of R.E. I thought R.E. is net not pay out dividend but my professor has in his note as "Retained Earnings = Earnings less dividends"

How to find dividends from retained earnings? [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing an exercise from my homework and I have to determine the missing ammounts. One of them being Dividends. How do I find the dividends if there have been changes during the year in retained earnings? Elder Corporation Beginning of year Total assets $101,479 Total liabilities 86,754...

Dividends from retained earnings [ 1 Answers ]

Can a dividend be paid from retained earnings

Dividends and retained earnings [ 2 Answers ]

A company earned $820 million and paid out 20% of their earnings in dividends The questions are: How much did the company's retained earning increase? I came up $2430 If $100 million shares outstanding and a stock price of $50, what was the dividend yield? Please help, couldn't...

View more questions Search