Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dewman829 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 11:31 AM
    Crawl space
    Can you put a moister barrier on the floor joists instead of the dirt floor the dirt floor is dry but the floor gets cold
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 01:12 PM

Insulation will improve your temp issue more than a moistuire barrier. Is there no insulation between the joists now?
    dewman829 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 01:22 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    Nothing there now but I was worried about the moisture coming up and or the insulation holing the moisture could I insulate and then plastic
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 01:28 PM

Please use the ANSWER THIS QUESTION box rather than the comment thing, they are trying to fix that. Does the underside of the floor and joists get damp now? Ventilate the crawl space will also drop moisture levels as will plastic on the floor. I'd cover the plastic with crushed stoe or gravel and insulation the joist bay. You can use rigid foam insulation or even sprayed in foam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in Crawl space [ 2 Answers ]

What is the cheapest and best way to prevent water from entering a crawl space? What preventative measures can I take? The Atlanta rains did me in, but I was one of the lucky ones.

Crawl space [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I'm from Ontario Canada. I bought a house last July, it's approx. 55 ft by 40 ft with a crawl space of 16 inches in height. There is 2 windows (screens) at each end of the 55 ft length and I was told by the owner to block the windows with styrofoam to keep it warm during the winter time so...

Crawl space [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there... I've recently came upon a problem with condensation within the home (mini home). Each morning all the windows are really wet and the window sill is soaked! After going under the house I've noticed that things are pretty wet there too. Is there something you can get to...

Crawl space [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on how much lime I need for crawl space.:o :o

View more questions Search