Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KaosKitten Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 09:51 PM
    What is the title of this book?
    Back in high school I took an environmental disaster/ apocalyptic literature class. Lately I've been really wanting to re-read one of the books, but I cannot remember the title. It was about a man who lived alone with his animals. He had a lion(ess?), a jackal and others. He was basically trying to save the animals from death as the world was slowly dying. Flood being the most prominent means featured in the book. One of the lines is how only the rats are flourishing but even they will die. The man's daughter was an activist who took up residence in the branches of one of the few remaining old growth trees. She was murdered during a thunder storm and her body thrown from the branches.

Does anyone know the title of this book?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2010, 11:00 AM

Brave New World?? 1984? Could also be "Watership Down".
    PinkKitteh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 11:55 AM
    Can't be Watership Down, that's about bunnies :) Don't think it's Brave New World either, though I can't say for sure, the blurb didn't sound right. It's definitely more obscure than that. I tried Googling 'Apocalyptic fiction', and I found a site that has an extensive book list (other than wiki) but no synopsis, so it wasn't that helpful. You could still look, maybe one title would ring a bell.
    http://www.empty-world.com/book_index.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find a romance book title for a book I can't remember? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a book from the 90's, it has home in the title, and the main characters are helen and rafe.

Book Title Book like the Mummy (Egypt) [ 1 Answers ]

I read this book 3 years ago a lady has a bottle given to her by a grandma and a necklace and a diary she always had a desire to see Egypt there a 2 men involved (love interest) she ended up on a paddle steamer and bad men were after her and the bottle and necklace. She ended up in Egypt at these...

Need Book Title [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for book About 2 girls named Magnolia and Gardenia. Set in the South just after slavery ended but segregation was a issue. Very intense and was mandatory reading in my Grade 12 English Class

Need Book Title [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to find the title of a book I read a long time ago But I can't remember it. I just remember that it was written by an African author and it was a story about a young girl who falls in love With her teacher and couldn't marry him because he was of lower class Other men however pursue...

View more questions Search