Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2010, 07:33 AM
    Earliest I can take a pregnant. Test
    I've been on the Nuvaring for 2+ years and have had regular periods with it. I take out my ring on Tuesday, usually start my period by Thursday or Friday, and then put the ring back in the following Tuesday. Last Thursday(9/16) I started spotting - my ring isn't supposed to come out until Tuesday(9/21). It was pretty light and it happened both Thursday and Friday.

I took a home test and it read negative but I'm wondering if I took it too early - I haven't technically missed my period yet. When is the earliest I can take a test?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 20, 2010, 07:38 AM

It's always best to take it after a missed period. Don't forget to use first morning urine.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2010, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It's always best to take it after a missed period. Don't forget to use first morning urine.
    When I took the test on Thursday, it was about 6pm so I know it wasn't the "best" urine to use. I was just wondering if it was possible to get a false reading by not waiting until I actually missed my period... that's probably just wishful thinking though. We'll see what happens this week :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 20, 2010, 07:47 AM

6pm is not the best time to take it unless you were sleeping since approximately 8am. It takes time for the HCG hormone to accumulate in the urine.

By taking it in the afternoon or evening the urine is diluted with anything you drink. While you sleep the hormone accumulates without any dilution because you are not eating or drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    wondering if it was possible to get a false reading by not waiting until I actually missed my period....
    Yes, it's very possible because there may not be enough hormone to be detected by the test this early.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

Negative pregnant test [ 5 Answers ]

I am officially a month or so late took a pg test it came back negative than took another one a couple of days later!! Could I still be pregnant or what?

Negative. Pregnant test [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, So when I was 5 days late I took a home pregnancy test and it was false so I decided to wait a few days and on the 9th day I was late I took a Blood pregnancy test but it came out negative too. Im really sad because I thought I was pregnant. Its now Monday and I am 12 days late. I don't know...

Negative pregnant test [ 1 Answers ]

I was using the nuva ring and had my period April 17. I took it out because it was making me nausous. I had another period may 1-4. my husband and I had intercourse may5. I had very light spotting 7 days later, three days after that and 5 days after that. The 3rd weekend of may I went to urgant...

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

View more questions Search