Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bijiou36 Posts: 117, Reputation: 0

Sep 19, 2010, 02:27 PM
    I Can Barley Taste
    So I'm kind of sick, but not terrible like I just have a runny nose and sometimes stuffy it keeps changing... but it's like when I eat I can barley taste the food I have a weird taste in my mouth..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 19, 2010, 02:32 PM

I've been there. It will go away when you get better.

One time when I was sick we went to KFC. I bit into the chicken and I swear it tasted like ashes! My hubby thought I was nuts, said there was nothing wrong with the chicken.

I couldn't eat KFC for years after that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2010, 02:40 PM

Stuffy noses affect the ability to smell food, and smelling the food is a big part of enjoying it and tasting it.

Once your cold is gone, you will be back to normal.

Sep 21, 2010, 07:38 PM
    I have a tonsil stone
    Sooo A While Agooo I Had 2 but I coughed them up I thought it was like Plaqct or something... but nooow I was eating and my mouth hurted when I swalloed so I looked in the mirror & saw the white ball thing... so I searched about it and well I know how to get rid of it but I'm a little confused, so They said use a cotton ball, I CAN'T do that I tried, I'l end up swalloing it or it'll slip off my finger and go down my throat. So! What do I use? And no I can not use my finger because too much bactiera
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 07:40 PM
    Often you may try to search our site for others having same issues

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...es-150610.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...nes-15944.html
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 07:42 PM

How about a real diagnosis from a real doctor rather than the internet?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 07:44 PM

Bijiou, I think you should see a doctor, you seem to have a lot of medical issues.

Sep 21, 2010, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bijiou36 View Post
    Sooo A While Agooo i Had 2 but i coughed them up i thought it was like Plaqct or somethin...but nooow i was eating and my mouth hurted when i swalloed so i looked in the mirror & saw the white ball thing...so i searched about it and well i know how to get rid of it but im a little confused, so They said use a cotton ball, i CAN'T do that i tried, i'l end up swalloing it or it'll slip off my finger and go down my throat. So! What do i use? and no i can not use my finger because to much bactiera
    and I'm going to the doctor tomarrow.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2010, 07:51 PM

Post back what your doc says then please.

Sep 22, 2010, 06:52 AM
    Tonsil Stone Came Out!
    I pinky Promise! I DIDN'T TOUCH IT! It was this morning since I'm like really sick I think its allergies since the seasons are changing? I don't know but I sneezed 3 times and I felt something going down my throat and I went to the bathroom to look and the tonsil stone basically I swalloed it :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 07:47 AM

I used to get tonsillitis twice a year and ended up with ulcerative tonsillitis and white pockets of pus on my tonsils. I could see the lumps of pus when I looked down my throat. Maybe this is what you've been seeing? (They aren't "stones," just lumps of infection.) Every now and then I'd swallow one, like swallowing a pea.

Here are Googled images of it (beware, all squeamish people!) --

ulcerative tonsillitis images - Google Search

You need to see a doctor and probably penicillin to knock out the infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone heard about "Green Barley"? [ 6 Answers ]

I got a neighbor who's bugging me to use and sell GREEN BARLEY. She says it's a food supplement endorsed by Oprah Winfrey. Has anyone heard of it? Is it really good?

I have a powdery taste in my mouth. Later, it changes to a metallic taste? [ 3 Answers ]

I get a powdery (like baby powder) taste in my mouth. I taste it every time my tongue touches my lips. About an hour later, it changes to a metallic taste and then back to powder. I am female and am not on any medication that could cause this.

My dog is sick he has lost a lot weight and barley walks the vet test only a UTI . [ 3 Answers ]

We took my dog to the vet and had test ran. He has dropped about 25 or more pounds and is not active anymore. He favors one leg when he walks. He still eats and drinks but is not active and won't go up the stairs anymore. The test from the vets indicated that he had a UTI and nothing else they...

AC Runs all time, barley cools [ 1 Answers ]

My AC unit runs constantly, slightly cool air comes from registers, to get the house cool I have to set themostat to a real low setting, I replaced the filter, I vacuumed out the inside coil, now the system is just barely working, one repair tech showed me that the issue is with freon leaks on the...

Can barley hear [ 1 Answers ]

First thing is first. Im 18 years old. I listen to loud music on occasion but not often. About 2 weeks ago my right ear was muffled. I could barley hear out of it. And it never went away and actually its in both ears now for about a week. And it seems to be getting worse. I don't want to go...

View more questions Search