Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Runner5678 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Freestyle
    Any advice for doing the crawl stroke/freestyle stroke in swimming more easily and efficiently? I am in very good cardio shape for running and can do the back stroke for up to an hour, but I feel like I am going to die after one length of front crawl... just can't get the rhythmic breathing down. I recently learned to blow the bubbles out under water instead of holding my breath, so that helps a bit, but it is still difficult for me. The breaststroke is slightly easier, as I can now do 2-3 laps of that. Thanks!
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2010, 12:21 PM

I'm sorry, I know I'm stating the obvious here, but get a couple of swimming lessons and learn how to do it properly from a qualified teacher who can see exactly what you doing wrong.

I've done a lot of swimming and just turn my head to breath every fourth stroke, but I'm pretty sure it's not the most effective style.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I.o.you who sings this freestyle song [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I need to know who sings this sing called i.o.u it is a freestyle song it goes Ae aeiou u u U take my heart Ae aeiou u u U take me breath

Name of freestyle Song.. please help [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the song and the girl's name who sings the song that goes "Iam a lonely girl without your love... at night youll all Iam thinking of.." then the main chorus goes "he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me..I know he...

View more questions Search