Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffrey77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 12:46 PM
    Raising the level of a caste iron toilet flange to the level of the floor tile.
    I have a similar problem as the person in a previous post. I installed one of those twist and sets PVC flanges right on top of my old caste iron flange but the top of the twist and set is still 3/8 inch below the tile. I am wary about using a double wax ring. Can I install one of those flange extenders with the neoprene gaskets on top of the twist and set to bring it level to the floor or maybe two of them to bring it above the floor? And I have another toilet with a similar problem of the caste iron flange being way below the level of the tile. It is leaking probably because the wax ring is broken. On that toilet I have not yet installed a twist and set. Should I install a couple of flange extenders and then a twist and set on top of the two flange extenders to bring the level of the flange up to the level of the floor or a little above? On the first toilet I do not want to remove the twist and set to install the extenders under it because I think it will be too hard to remove at this point but I can certainly use that technique on the second toilet. What do you think Massplumber or anybody else out there?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 18, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Can I install one of those flange extenders with the neoprene gaskets on top of the twist and set to bring it level to the floor
    Sure can. (see image) Use them on both toilets to bring the top up to floor level. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete slab:Toilet flange below floor level [ 4 Answers ]

I am Installing a hardwood floor on a concrete slab. In order for that type of installation I will need to build up the sub-floor with 1/4 plywood alone with 3/4 hardwood floor. I am installing this in the bathroom. The flange of for the toilet will be about an 1" below the floor level. How do I...

Toilet flange slightly canted, not level with finished floor [ 2 Answers ]

Installed PVC closet flange 1/2 inch above concrete floor, allowing for quickset and ceramic tile installation. Due to the drain pipe pitch, the flange is slightly off-level and canted approximately 1/4" above the finished floor level. Will this be a problem for proper leveling and installation of...

Toilet floor flange is now level with new subfloor [ 6 Answers ]

If we subfloor our bathroom with 1/4 inch it will make the toilet flange level with the subfloor. Should we be removing the flange and raising it with the floor?

Toilet flange above floor level [ 56 Answers ]

I've seen plenty about the opposite problem - maybe this is something less common: my toilet flange is above the anticipated floor level. I recently removed old tile from the bathroom floor, planning to install new tile. In so doing, I discovered that the old tile was set on about 3 inches of...

Toilet flange below the floor level- URGENT [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I just quickly reviewed all postings here trying to see if I can find an anwer to my question, but some things are too difficult for me to understand, as I am not familiar with the whole subject. I hired a plumber to install a new toilet in half a bath in the basement. The old toilet...

View more questions Search