Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tierrat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 11:29 AM
    Adjusting Journal Entries-Deferral and Accrual... Help please?
    http://www.pklsoftware.com/Student_Manuals/W4Me1_Manuals/W4Me_Problem_3.PDF

Above is the unadjusted trial balance:

A. The June 30 inventory of office supplies total $260.
    B. The expired insurance for the quarter totals $440 for policy one, $625 for policy two, and
    $400 for policy three.
    C. A total of $1,250 worth of advertising copy was paid for and correctly charged to the
    Advertising Expense account during the quarter. An examination of the account shows
    That $400 of radio ads for the business will be aired during the first week of July which is
    The beginning of the third quarter of operations.
    Work4Me I – Problem 3
    3rd Web-Based Edition, Copyright © 2010 PKL Software, Incorporated. All rights reserved.
    Last Revised: April 1, 2010
    Page 5
    D. Accrued property taxes for the quarter total $275.
    E. Wages are accrued for 15 hours worked at a rate of $11.50 per hour.
    F. Depreciation of Office Equipment for the quarter totals $475.
    G. Depreciation of the automobile has been calculated to be $1,800 per year and is calculated
    On straight-line basis.
    H. The building owned by the company was purchased at an historical cost of $124,000 and is
    Being depreciated at a rate of $600 per month.
    I. Rent on the other property used by the business was prepaid for six months in advance.
    On April 1, the full $9,000 payment was charged to the Prepaid Rent account.
    J. It is determined that an additional $250 worth of accounting services have been completed
    For a client but have not yet been billed. All consulting services for clients have been
    Billed for the quarter.
    K. Total accrued interest on the short-term note payable, the long-term note payable, and the
    Mortgage payable is $445.70.
    L. An examination of the Unearned Consulting Fees account determines that $1,470 of this
    Account balance has been earned as of June 30.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2010, 03:47 PM

This is a homework problem. You need to try to to do it yourself and if you have a specific question we will try to help you.

For Number A. the adjusting entry will be for the difference of what your trial balance says is your inventory and the actual inventory.

You need to analyze each Number to figure out what the adjusting entry will be and how to get the amount.

Hint: All adjusting entries will involve one Income Statement account and one Balance Sheet account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal Entries & Adjusting Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Nov. 15- Purchased $1,600 of merchandise on account from Martin Co, terms 1/30; paid $60 of associated freight charges in cash. My answer: Merchandise Inventory $1600 Accounts Payable $1600 Cash $60 Freight Expense $60...

Adjusting Journal Entries (Accrual) [ 1 Answers ]

1) amounts due from customers at year-end were $28,000. Of this amount, $3,000 will not be collected. --> I have DR. BDE 3,000.. . CR. ADA 3,000 2) Co. rents its building for $3,000 a month, payable quarterly in advance. -->I have Dr. Rent Expense 9,000.. . CR. Rent Payable 9,000 Given Rent...

Simple Accrual adjusting entries [ 1 Answers ]

The Carlos Garcia Company had the following accrual information available at the end of the year 2004: a. Wages earned but unrecorded and unpaid as December 31, 2004, were $2500. b. Unpaid and unrecorded interet to date on a bank loan was $1000. c. On January 12, 2005, the company received a...

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

Cash to accrual journal entries [ 0 Answers ]

What are the journal entries used when you convert from an accrual to a cash accounting method? And what is the theory behind these journal entries? Thanks, Michael

View more questions Search