Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yashjolly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 04:47 AM
    Front tooth broken in half two days back, broken part is with me
    Hi, I am six years old , two days back I was riding my cycle . I fell down and my front tooth was broken in half. Half broken part is with me. Today is third day. Is there any glue which help to join the two broken parts of my permanent fractured froont tooth. Thanks.
    Bakequery Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2010, 05:39 AM
    You need to go to a Dentist and have him determine if the root was damaged. If it was you may need a root canal after which the canal will be filled and the tooth covered with something called a 'crown.' If you do not go to the dentist and the root was damaged the tooth will eventually start hurting very badly and turn a different color from your other teeth.

If the root is okay the dentist may be able to do something called 'bonding' where he can lengthen the tooth with a very strong material, matching your other teeth as best as he can. Bonding is the least expensive way to go but it typically does not last forever.

My sister had a front tooth break when she was a teenager. She had it bonded. She's had the bonding repaired over the years. It wasn't until this year, when she was 61 years old, that she had to have a root canal and crown put on the tooth.

As far as putting the broken half back on the tooth, that won't work. I'm sorry.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2010, 07:44 AM
    Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can use to "glue" a broken tooth together. Definitely a dentist needs to be seen.

You are pretty good at keyboarding and spelling for a 6 year old yashjolly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken Front Tooth. Looking for best treatment [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am Rahul from Bangalore, India. 10 years back, I fell and lost half of my front tooth. I haven't feel any pain in that. Till now, I was not in the position to pay for that, But Now I want to repair and want it exactly to be as close to the natural as possible. I am not worried about its...

Do you have to have root canal to get crown for a broken front tooth ? [ 9 Answers ]

Is a root canal always necessary when you break a tooth off and need a crown ?

Broken my larger back tooth on the front and the back and got whole in where filling [ 1 Answers ]

My second from the back tooth has broken front and back of tooth and the filling has come out

Broken tooth [ 3 Answers ]

About three weeks ago part of my tooth broke off. I do not have insurance so I could not go to a dentist. It was very painful for two weeks then this past week it did not hurt at all. Then two days ago I woke up and my cheek was swolen(the side the broken tooth is on). Its not painful but I do not...

Tooth broken after the crown [ 7 Answers ]

I put a crown on my upper central incisor but my right tooth got broken and the crown fell down just one week after putting the crown. Whqt shall I do? And how to protect the other one?

View more questions Search