Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love bird Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 06:37 PM
    How to accept moving to another country?
    Hi I really wish you can help me here because I feel so down , the story started 2 months back when we have to move to another country because of my husband scholarship , me and my kids can not adjust to the new place ,we feel total strangers and the language barrier is so hard to handle , I'm so upset ,also I'm pregnant in my 5th month and things have been so complicated lately , I do not know what to do I cry a lot and feel down most of the time.. *** help me
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 18, 2010, 05:07 AM
    You've got your hands full, love bird!

It must feel like you are on another planet. I don't know how many children you have, or their ages, or if this situation is temporary. When your husband finishes school, I presume you are able to move back to your home country?

You have been there two months now, and most likely had you been without kids, and not pregnant, you would have tackled things with a lot less stress. But the situation you are in now, had you been home, would have been easier. At least you would have had friends and family nearby, with all things familiar and comfortable.

Check out the university your husband is at, and see if there aren't any clubs or associations with others who are from English speaking countries. Ask your husband to speak with people he comes in contact with, that speak English, to recommend gathering places, or referrals for children's play groups, or moms and tots, etc. to help the kids adapt. If he comes into contact with others that may be married, maybe arrange to have them over. If you can find a friend amid all the lonliness, it may help.

Being with kids 24/7, and with one on the way, is hard enough. But to be in a place where you don't know the language, customs or people, is a very big challenge.

I hope that you won't be in the country you are in, too long, and that your life will return to normal.

All you can really do until that happens, is make the best of it. All the best of luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving washer & dryer connections, adding a shower, moving a toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a lot for one question, but bear w/ me. We have a half bath in which our full size w/d connections are located. We would like to move them to the kitchen, about 15 ft away. We do have a pier and beam house. Any ideas on how much that would cost? Also, we want to put a bathtub...

How can someone accept me when I can't accept myself? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a mom to 5 beautiful kids and am getting married June 20th of this year. My fiancé works as a truck driver so we can afford for me to stay home with the kids. I honestly don't know where to begin. Today is mother's day, and I wanted to commit suicide. I have great kids and I love them so much,...

Can a wife be added to husbands exsisting child support with a nother woman [ 6 Answers ]

I have been married for alomost 8 years and by husband has a 15 year old and a 13 year old with another woman. Lately she has been telling him she will take him back to court and have my income included in their child support case so that she can get an increase. Bottomline she also wants me to...

To Accept or Not Accept a Gift [ 10 Answers ]

It's the Christmas season, so yesterday I spent the day making cookies which were then wrapped in a decorative tin that I gave to a male co-worker as a thank you for help done at work and for the occasional ride home from work. I was quite surprised when he handed me a little gift bag in return....

'nother brain storm I had [ 5 Answers ]

In early 2002... We get middle aged menopausal women who have raised their kids and had enough of their husband & in-laws and dealing with the dilemas they imposed on us through the years and are ready for some drastic change in their mid life crisis. We wear burkas and join the...

View more questions Search