Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srcvna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 09:44 AM
    Request for medical information question
    An attorney's office sent our medical office a request for patient information signed and dated by the patient. Two months later the same office sent another request which was an exact duplicate of the first with the date changed (if you hold them up to the light they are identical) what they did was attempted to white out the previous date (not completely though). They provided a document that they represented as being signed on a certain date (which it wasn't, I checked with the patient) is that legal?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 17, 2010, 09:46 AM

No. If the patient confirmed they never authorized the second request, they have a case of malfeasance against the attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I respond to a request for summary judgement in a medical malpractice suit [ 3 Answers ]

My son is a quadrapalegic due to in my opinion and others medical malpractice during labor and delivery. However we had an attorney get the ball rolling for us, then responded incorrectly to things and then dropped us. As soon as he did the defendants filed a motion for summary judgement. I don't...

Request for documents and information [ 5 Answers ]

Can the defendant in civil litigation ask the claimant for documents while waiting for the allocation questionnaire to be filed or can a defendant ask for documentation at any time after the claim was issued or does he have to wait until after the filing of the allocation questionnaire by the two...

Discovery of Information Request [ 3 Answers ]

How do I respond to questions that are false accusations? Do I have to provide answers to where I have applied for additional employment?

Re medical Records request [ 10 Answers ]

This is complicated and I'm not sure the best way to proceed. My old roommate had Surgery at a LI hospital in about 1995 or 1996. She never got her records or Pathology. She moved back to the caribbean island she came from. She ended up With surgery but they mis-diagnosed her. She has no...

Request of Collection Agency for Information [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please direct me to the response that has the list of questions to send to a collection agency to disclose their relationship to the debt being collected?

View more questions Search