Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ToriQ34 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 08:52 AM
    Methamphetamine Testing Questions
    My boyfriend of 6 years is trying to get custody of his daughter and has been asked to go through some drug testing due to prior (4+ years ago) drug use. He has done 3 scalp hair test which all tested positive for methamphetamine, 1 body hair test that was negative for everything, several urine tests all negative for everything. All within a 2 month time frame. He insists he hasn't done anything in years. And even when he was, it was never meth. Is there ANYTHING that would cause those types of results other than meth use? And if so, is there anything we can do to prove that in court? I find it very hard to believe that I wouldn't see a change in someone that I see everyday if he had started using meth. He also volunteered to take the tests, which would be very odd to me if he knew they would be positive?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

My boyfriend of 6 years is trying to get custody of his daughter and has been asked to go through some drug testing due to prior (4+ years ago) drug use. He has done 3 scalp hair test which all tested positive for methamphetamine, 1 body hair test that was negative for everything, several urine tests all negative for everything. All within a 2 month time frame. He insists he hasn't done anything in years. And even when he was, it was never meth. Is there ANYTHING that would cause those types of results other than meth use? And if so, is there anything we can do to prove that in court? I find it very hard to believe that I wouldn't see a change in someone that I see everyday if he had started using meth. He also volunteered to take the tests, which would be very odd to me if he knew they would be positive?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 09:01 AM

The only way to prove a person is drug free for court is drug tests to come back negative. It doesn't look like this is happening. Does he get to pick the lab that does the tests ? I suggest he use another lab if so.

Tick
    ToriQ34 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2010, 09:02 AM
    Unfortunately, ALL of the tests were done at different labs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search