Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simpson173725 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 08:47 AM
    active x control permission
    I am trying to download coupon printer software. It says click for permission to download active x control in the information bar but there is nothing to click. I have check internet options and made sure everything is enabled. I have checked the status of the pop-up blocker and checked show pop-ups blocked in information bar but nothing shows up in the information bar.
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Dec 29, 2006, 01:58 AM
    Hello simpson173725,

I am not the worlds best computer expert but perhaps I can help.

When Active X is needed to be installed a small bar is normally displayed near the top of the page which says:

"This site may require the following Active X control: .......... Click here to install"

This box is normally yellow in colour, quite slim and can be easily missed.

Simply R or L click the box and you will be given the option to simply allow the install and/or check the risks involved.

Unless you know and trust the site you are visiting be careful when allowing Active X to be installed.

By clicking "What's the risk?" you will given details of the risks involved.

Several very trustworthy sites do ask to be allowed to install Active X to be able to continue. One that springs to mind is 'Symantec' (Norton Anti Virus). They need to install Active X when you are using their online free virus checker.

I hope this has been of some help to you.

May I wish you the happiest and healthiest 2007.

Cy
    (Poseidon)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permission to Refi during chapter 13 [ 3 Answers ]

We live in New Jersey and we have refinanced our home and obtained permission from the trustee and the judge, but my lawyer is saying that it takes five days for the judge to sign the order. Why? I am currently in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Permission/privilegees XP home [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot instal a demo to my XP home PC... I am getting the error1321: installer has insuficient privilges to modify file mscomctl.ocx.. I am a user with supervisor/administrator type. Is privilege different from permissions? And how can I make sure I can install this demo? Thanks for your...

Used by permission [ 2 Answers ]

I'm writing a book and I wanted to know can you use newspaper clippings , and jokes off the web as long as you site your source

Permission forms? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I've been having a bit of concern on the book I'm putting together. It's a book that people contribute their poetry, life experiences and such to. It just came to my attention that I'm going to need a permission form or something along those lines for these people who are contributing...

View more questions Search