Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AQuatroni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 08:05 AM
    Tick Sheet for Excel
    I am creating a "Table of Measurements" for a moving company in Excel, and they require that in the "# of pieces" cells that a number "1" or a similar character be placed in the cell rather than a "2" for two pieces or a "3" for three pieces, etc. So if there are 4 pieces, the cell would have "1111" in it. It's really a Tick Sheet to determine how much space will be taken up by each item on the moving truck. This "tick value," must then be multiplied by the cube (square footage) that is on file for each item.

For example, a bookcase is 20 cubic feet, so if I have 2 bookcases that would be (obviously) 40 cubic feet.

My dilemma is that in the cells where the "1's" or each tick goes, I need to have the total Sq. Ft. calculate this from the amount of "1's" or "tick marks" in the corresponding cell. As for above, if I place two 1's in the # of pieces cell, to Excel that looks like "11," and I need this to show up in the total cell as 40, because the cubic footage is 20.

Get it?

I seem to be stuck here... help!

Check out some similar questions!

Balance Sheet [ 3 Answers ]

1- The current section of a balance sheet includes which one of the following accounts? 1- Office Expenses 2- Accumulated depreciation 3- Advances from Clients 4- Mortgage Payable Thanks for your help Dell

Is it a tick ? [ 7 Answers ]

Today we went to a local park and spent quite a bit of time in the woods. This evening as I sat watching TV I felt something on my leg and looked down to see a little 'bug' on my thigh. It looked like a small spider with a round body. It was medium brown and had 8 legs, I believe. I was...

Tick [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, here we are in the wonderful summer in the US. And I am now living in the country with all its nature. But we have already had our first "TICK" attack. This time was on our pet cat, it was crawling and I could just pick it off. But what if it gets on to one of the family members and bites...

Balance sheet [ 2 Answers ]

My company's balance sheet is off 34500.00 when ever I make j/e's it is still off what could be some of the issues. The 34500.00 difference is in the trucks/equipment account.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.