Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cyndijamerson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 09:58 AM
    My central air unit is freezing up on the outside unit pipe.. 80 degrees outside
    My central air unit is freezing up on the outside unit (you can see the ice covering the pipe that goes from the unit to the house and it is 80degrees outside. You can hear the unit running but no air is coming through the vents. I left it off all night and it is cooling fine today. Is this something serious that I need to have looked at or is it just something that happens sometimes and can I prevent it from happening again?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 10:17 AM

Get an HVAC guy to check it... you might have a low freon level causing it to run constantly and ice up because there is no off period.
    mk4283 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 10:19 AM
    A clogged air filter can cause that, or have the system pressures checked, could have a leak and be low on refrigerant. These are the two most likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no he [ 3 Answers ]

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no heat. Really cold today

Live in a mobile home with intertherm heat and air unit the unit outside unit has bee [ 1 Answers ]

Live in mobile home with an intertherm unit outside unit is no longer running didn't know if it even needs to be running with the heat

Central air unit fan not turning when unit on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently our central air unit stop producing cool air and noticed our fan was not turning outside, and was making a loud humming noise, can this fan be replaced without replacing the entire unit :confused:

Central unit freezing up [ 3 Answers ]

Our central unit out side frost over when the temp outside get below 35 degrees we have tried to just turn on the fan but you have to have the heat on for the fan to work can you tell what's going on

View more questions Search