Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CassHatesMath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 07:49 PM
    Graphing Linear inequality
    5y-40<or equal to 8x

need to 2 set of cooridinates I know you use the straight line would love step by step on how to solve
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 10:54 PM

What you can do is convert into the form y = mx + c. This way, you'll be able to draw the line.

Then, think about points where y will be less than the 'mx + c'.

Is it okay?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 12:41 AM

This might be considered a bit cheating cause they may want you to think about it differently, but there's a quickie little test to know which direction of the line it goes.

Keep in mind that if a point makes your inequality a true statement, then all points on that same side of the line must also work. And if some point makes it not true, then all points on that side will also not work. So you only need test one point to know which way it's going.

And the easiest point to test is (0,0) cause it instantly wipes out 2 of 3 terms and you don't even really have to do any math.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graphin a linear inequality [ 1 Answers ]

how to graph y<2x+2

Graphing linear equations [ 1 Answers ]

please help, I have been stumped with this equation for days. If 1/2x + 1 = -1/4x + 4, what is the value of x? choices are 4,5,3, and 2. what are the steps to solving.

Graphing linear equations [ 4 Answers ]

y = -1 1/2 x-4 What is the coordinates of this equation

Graphing Linear Equation [ 3 Answers ]

I need some assistance on a question could someone please help? Here is the question in the book. Do the points (3, -4) (18, 6) and (9, 0) all lie on the same line? If so what is the equation of the line. I looked in the answer section the answer is yes and the equation is 2x-3y=18 I do not...

Need help solving compound linear inequality [ 1 Answers ]

Help! the problem is 2-8(3x-1) less than/equal to 4+6x-2 (4-x) I came up with x greater than/equal to -7/8. Is this right?? Thank you!

View more questions Search