Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mehltretter Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 01:39 PM
    What can I eat after gallbladder surgery?
    Its been 4-5 weeks & I can't hold down food. Ive tried eating all kinds of stuff... from fruits and veggies to soups and crackers. I need help solving my tummy troubles. Ive looked up information about my problem and all I'm getting are complete horror stories about how everyone seeking the same advice I'm looking for and have been told to eat (pretty much what I'm already eating) and that these problems have been going on not just weeks... YEARS!! I can't keep this up for years, I'll die of starvation. What food can someone in my situation eat and is there any over the counter pills that you can take to help with this process? If anyone knows something I don't know... PLEASE... help me out.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 01:47 PM

NEVER take over the counter "pills" without consulting with your Physician - particularly following surgery.

What does the Physician who performed the surgery tell you? This is NOT a normal reaction to the surgery.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 01:50 PM

Eating after gall bladder surgery is not rocket science. You should have been given a list of what you can and cannot eat after surgery. You cannot have only read horror stories when accessing Google, because I don't see that at all.

Here is a good website that tells you what you can and cannot do and follow it and you won't starve.

http://www.surgery-guide.com/what-to...ladder-surgery

If you can't access the url, then cut and paste or enter 'eating after gall bladder surgery' in Google and you will not come up with horror stories but sites that are dedicated to what you have to know.

Sep 15, 2010, 02:21 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    http://www.steadyhealth.com/What_to_eat_the_day_after_gallbladder_removal_surg ery_t124889.html

Sep 15, 2010, 02:24 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    When I woke up in the hosptal from having gallbladder surgury they told me it was great that I came in when I did and that it was removed successfully and that I shouldn't have anymore probs I can't afford a doctor which is why I did this at a hospital

Sep 15, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    They told me they would give me information and in the city of orlando at ORMC they failed to do that and kicked me out the door. No information received and in Florida if you don't have insurance they do what they have to do and wipe their hands of u

Sep 15, 2010, 02:33 PM
    Here are some of the top "recommended sites" for me to find information out about what to eat after gallbladder surgury...

http://www.oprah.com/health/What-to-Eat-After-a-Gallbladder-Removal

http://www.steadyhealth.com/What_to_eat_the_day_after_gallbladder_removal_surg ery_t124889.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will a dog eat after major surgery [ 35 Answers ]

My dog had surgery for Femoral Head Necrosis today, they said he did really well. He is on an IV and pain med and doesn't want to eat, is that OK? I'm just so afraid for him. Will it take a long time to recover after this surgery and do you think he should stay crated? Should I make him boiled...

My dog will not eat after major surgery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My dog had major surgery 5 days ago for an intestinal blockage. His last meal was 7 days ago and he hasn't eaten since. He has been back to the vet everyday and has been given painkillers, anti biotics, appetite stimulants and muscle relaxants but still there is no interest in food. He is...

Jaw surgery now recovery what to eat? [ 2 Answers ]

What foods can I eat? I'm past the liquids I can now I have very soft foods I can't chew but I can smash things with my tongue against my mouth and teeth, but as I said before no aggressive chewing

Dog don't Eat After Surgery [ 2 Answers ]

The dog of my girlfriend has not eat nothing in 2 days after having a surgery in the belly because she was pregnant and could not have more sons cause she colud die, now she had been castrated and she won't eat nothing and my girl is crying cause she don't know what to do and there are no vets...

View more questions Search