Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    McGiver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 09:06 AM
    My storm door opens in?
    I have a breezeway that has just an old aluminum storm door with jalousie windows. The panes are beginning to fall out, the door isn't worth repairing any longer. I've already installed an after market deadbolt and made other repairs. Can the storm doors sold at home improvement stores be installed to open "in"? I'm unable to put it on the outside because of an overhang.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2010, 09:35 AM

U could install it to swing in, but all controls would be on outside. The door check and locks can not be reversed.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Door opens over stairs [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in Deschutes County, Oregon. I'm wondering how much distance is required between the highest stair (inside the house) and an indoor/outdoor egress door which opens over the stairs? May the top step be only the door sill or must there be a landing? And if there must be a landing, how wide...

Rehanging a door - so it opens the other way [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys I need some advice on how to "flip" my bedroom door. Right now it opens into the room, and I want it to open "out". Can it be with not too much mess? I guess I'll need to turn the door frame but I have no idea how without damaging the wall (common plasterboard). I'd appreciate any...

Dryer door opens [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Series 80 King Size dryer that just recently the door pops open, on during the drying cycle. It will sometimes dry for 10 minutes other times less than 1 minute. It also appears to be hotter than it should for the amount of time is is on. I empty the lint every time. Is the...

Millikin Door Kit needed in order to install storm door [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Milliken (may be mis-spelled) exterior door with two side light panels on both sides. I have purchased a Larson Storm Door for the front door. There is not enough depth between the two doors when measuring them - therefore I need to build the front door frame out. I need to know...

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search