Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcrim93076 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 08:04 AM
    Child custody grandmother issue
    I have my three youngest kids living with me at my parents house, my 13 and 16 year old are living with my soon to be ex mother in law. My 16 year moved in with her and she has custody with no child support due to her behavior issues since four years ago, my 13 year old was living with her mother and then stayed with her grandma while her and her mom were moving the her grandmother filed for custody of her as well. I cannot have her live with me as my parents will not allow it due to lack of space, can the mother in law get child support from me since I am already taking care of my youngest three
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2010, 08:06 AM

If you are a non custodial parent of any child, the custodian could request and get child support.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2010, 09:38 AM

First, please don't use the Comments feature to post a follow-up. Use the Answer options instead.

Whether the number of children you have will effect support depends on where you are. Support formulas vary by area. ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving Temporary Custody to Grandmother in another state [ 14 Answers ]

I'm having a lot of trouble financially and I would like to give my mom temporary custody of my daughter until I get myself back on track. I would like to know how do I give over temporary custody of my daughter to my mother? I live in New York City and my mother lives in North Carolina. Do I...

Can a non blood related grandmother gain custody of child [ 1 Answers ]

I had a breakup with my ex boyfriend 6 yrs ago I then had a 9yr old daughter and 2 twin boys age 3, only my daughter was his biological child, no one has custody and because of threats he has remained there guardian till now, I am now a little older and all fear has subsided, and also have found...

Grandmother getting between mother and baby custody [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband just separated a few days ago and I moved in with friends of ours about 2 hours away. We have a 21 month old son. And we (me and my husband) decided that our son would rotate who he is staying with like every few weeks or something of that nature. Before I moved we were living...

Taking custody from grandmother [ 2 Answers ]

I gave my mother temporary custody of my 3 children in May of 2005 because I was evicted from my apartment and didn't have a place to relocate at the time. Well since this time I have ebeen trying to get my children back and she has refused to do so. I don't know what to do anymore because I...

Grandmother wanting to share custody [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 24 and a single mother of two boys, 6 yrs & 7 months. Neither of the children's fathers are in their lives. Nor do they pay support. Although she is working on getting support, neither father is interested in visitation. Is there anything I can do to become a guardian in case...

View more questions Search