Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danzar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 05:27 AM
    Elevator speech
    Does anyone use "elevator speech" as their type of opening to a new face to face client?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 06:21 AM

Yes with professional passion.

The whole premise is to give a brief overview and quickly start asking questions pertaining to your prospects needs and problems that you are to solve.

Stringer
    danzar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 09:10 AM
    Thank you Stringer for responding.

I was hoping you used this type of thing. :)

If you don't mind me asking when you are making one. What kind of resources do you use to help create a prof clean sounding one?

I not being the best with creating flowing crisp sounding remarks have trouble creating something that don't sound like the rants of a crack head on meth(always talking faster than my brain).

I like the ideal of having a small script type item to use to help calm myself when I do the cold call and face to face.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 01:04 PM

I understand.

Sit down and make a list of the attributes and positive things about your company, From that list (and I hope it is a long one) eliminate any duplications and then pick the items that the prospect will want to hear, not that you want to say...

Study this list until it is second nature to you. And then practice talking about it in a mirror and/or to a close friend until you project yourself in a clear and professional manner.

As I said, talk only for a few minutes then start asking questions. You should also compile a list of questions that you want to ask them. And when they answer you write your answers down and continue to ask questions until you understand what they are really looking for and how you and your company can solve the situation.

This method will put you miles ahead of your competitor who usually is stuck in the 1960's and spends his/her time bragging about how great their company is. Let your results speak for themselves.

After you have the answers that you are seeking tell them that you will study and apply this and get back asap to present your proposal.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dizzy when around elevator [ 19 Answers ]

I work in a 4 story building and when I enter the building, just standing in front of the elevator waiting, I get dizzy. Once Im on the elevator, Im dizzy. When I go to the building across the street, I get dizzy as soon as I stand in front of the elevator. I can understand getting dizzy ON the...

Elevator [ 2 Answers ]

What is the force (in Newtons) used if an elevator lifts passengers 30 meters in 24 seconds and the elevator is 15,000 watts?

A speech to be given on fashion for speech and drama grade five [ 1 Answers ]

My child has a project on fashion to do for speech and drama for grade 5 she has to also give a talk about fashion for 3 minutes she is twelve years old please help we don't know where to start

Positing statement/elevator speech [ 1 Answers ]

I am blocked. I need a elevator speech. I have been a manager for 15 years, 12 in retail and 3 in a bank. Duties includes customer service, sales, people development p&l mgmt execution of company plans, coaching, goal setting, inventory mgmt. Pretty much anything you could imagine as far as retail,...

How can I get over my elevator feer? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. Well Thursday I have an appointment with my dentist but in order to see him I need to take a elevator ( DUN DUN DUN) I have a sick fear of elevators and I have been panicking for a week... I feel that its just going to get stuck and no one will come to help. I don't want be trapped...

View more questions Search