Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joeyrvv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 10:18 PM
    Hampton bay ceilling fan w/ remote and attached lighs
    Ok. I installed a new ceilling fan today. There are three wires coming out of the ceilling. I live in a new apt. and there was just a plate up there. No light before. So the three wires are a black a white and a bare copper wire. The fan has 3 wires coming out of it and I attached them to the remote with the same three colored wires. The remote has two wires on the other side. A black and a white. I hooked them up the same color wires in the ceiling. The bare ground I attached to the green wire on the mounting bracket. I turned the fan on with the remote and it worked great for about 5 minutes and the lights started flickering. I pulled it down a rechecked all my connections and seems like all is fine. Checked wall switch and all looks good. Not sure what to do from here. Would like some info . Thanks,
    joeyrvv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 10:59 PM
    FYI, Fan was broke. I took it back to home depot and they exchanged no problem. Came home and hooked it up the same way and it works great! Wish it was that easy the first time.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2006, 10:48 PM
    Glad you got it worked out OK. Don't get me started on Hampton Bay, but at least the warranty/return policy is good!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Don't want to use remote-Hampton Bay fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a new Hampton Bay fan that has a remote- I prefer using my dimmers on my wall switch- one for fan, one for lights- but Hampton Bay Help Desk said I can't do that- I must use the remote! Is there any way to get around the remote? We can hook up the fan so it works on ONE wall...

View more questions Search