Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miss_Fix_it Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Craftsman 502256210 13.5hp Mower/Mulcher drive belt replacement?
    I am having a problem putting on the drive belt for the above mentioned riding mower. I have been able to get the new belt around the small pulley that is above the large blade pulley (coming out of the engine itself) but I cannot get the belt to the axle pulley or the idler. There not enough room to do anything even with the mower deck all the way down and when the clutch in pushed in. Is there a "magic" part of this process I'm missing? I;m about to follow the so called owner's manual and take to whole thing apart... any help would be great.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 06:48 PM

Do you have the manual, if not open this and put your cursor over the belt area, it will enlargen it. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...&prst=&shdMod= Sounds like you did most everything. It siometimes takes a second pperson to pull back on the tensior pulley. It has a strong spring which pushes the belts from the flat side. Tensioner pulley is part #55, in the picture it is smack between the two larger pulleys but you need to pull it towards you, towards bottom of picture so the belt is making an oval rather than a backwords letter B

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mower drive belt replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman self- propelled lawn mower, model 917.377791 that won't self-propel. The drive belt is cracked but intact and the idler pulley does not tighten the belt. I would like to replace belt but have not been able to determine how to get it off the engine. Its easy to get off the idler...

Craftsman riding mower belt replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older craftsman riding mower and I need to replace the belt. I need a diagram to do this. It is a 8hp. 4speed with a 30 inch deck.

Craftsman riding mower belt replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 4000 42" double blade lawn tractor. Is there information on replacing the mower drive belt?

Craftsman 21' Lawn Mower Belt Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the belt on my 21" 7hp Craftsman which split and I can't seem to find a diagram for repair. Any suggestions? I tried to find the donwload section on the Sears/Craftsman site, and was not successful.

View more questions Search