Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hilot100 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 05:56 PM
    No power at all to my 90 civic, even with jumper cables attached.
    My car ('90 civic) has been sitting for about a month now and I just fixed it but car suddenly died and now I have no power even with jumper cables attached.
    cnb1979 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 06:03 PM

What was going on when it died? Were you driving? Was there any noises?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2010, 06:03 PM

Test the under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter--this particularly goes for the large box fuses in the under hood fuse/relay box. After that, test the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

My bet is that the battery is bad. Remove and fully charge, or replace, the battery. Most auto parts stores will test and charge batteries for free.

Sep 14, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cnb1979 View Post
    What was going on when it died? Were you driving? Was there any noises?
    I was driving it and it died before I could even leave the driveway, then went to jump it again and not getting any power even while jumpers is connected.
    cnb1979 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 01:26 PM

Have you checked your battery itself and the alternator?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 02:31 PM

A volt meter will make quick work of this, Try head lights first. Then voltage at battery, then from battery positive and negative on ground on block and chassis. If you have it that far come back.
    Battery and both positive and negative cables need to be checked at both ends.

Sep 15, 2010, 05:23 PM
    Comment on cnb1979's post
    Car was sitting. Jumped it to move it so we could work on it. Car started, held the charge, moved it to the garage. Did some work on it, cap, rotor, plugs, wires. Jumped it again, went down the driveway. Car died, now cannot even jump.No power at all
    chicoman Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cnb1979 View Post
    have you checked your battery itself and the alternator?
    If you have a dead battery there not if fire going toyour ignition system and will not stay running get a new battery . Chicoman
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2010, 06:09 PM

Or as the Rastas say, "You need a Metermon". You can see where you have power and when it is lost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 Civic Jumper Cables Crossed [ 6 Answers ]

We tried to Jump the car, but of course broke the golden rule, DON'T CROSS THE WIRES!! Now there is nothing happening after I have switched in a Brand New Battery. Are there some simple test I can do to check, or is it too late for anything?

Adding on to the main house power cables [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Can I add on to or extend the main cables in the house to install a dishwasher (the power box on the dishwasher is on the far side and the main house (hot, black, ground) wires don't reach.. Thanks ~ Janet

Yard machine 16.5 won't start unless jumper cables used [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Yard Machine 16.5 hp lawn tractor (MODEL 42A707) that will not start unless I use jumper cables and jump start it from my car. The mower will run fine while I mow my yard but as soon as I turn the mower off I cannot re start it unless I jump it from the car again. I have replaced the...

Wiring a ceiling fan with two cables in power box [ 12 Answers ]

I'm attempting to wire a fan where a light fixture used to be. There are two cable in the power box. Cable one has black, white, and ground. Cable two has black, white, red, and ground. I assume the one with the red goes to the light switch and the other cable continues to other sources...

Crossed battery jumper cables [ 2 Answers ]

My husband who doesn't have a mechanical bone in his body, God bless him, had to jump start our car the other day. He used our 1994 Ford Aerostar to do it. He accidentally mixed up the negative. And the pos. on the van battery but did it correctly on the car battery. Now the van's battery light...

View more questions Search