Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burwell20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 02:00 PM
    Upgrade two wire thermostat to digital?
    I tried to change out the thermostat with the digital but, when I unhooked the red and white wire from the old themostat the blower comes on and does not shut off. I hooked the new thermostat up white wire to W and red to RH and it still would not shut off until I hooked the old themostat back up. Any idea's?
    Tronixmart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Was your thermo set to heat instead of cool? A 2-wire system requires this.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2012, 06:38 PM
    It will help if we know if your trying to run heat only or cool only with the thermostat or if you have a mobile home unit that you have to manually flip a switch from heat to cool at the furnace. RH to W is for heat only.
    Tronixmart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2012, 07:29 AM
    I also have a 2-wire system on a Coleman Presidential III with a 7900-6821 A/C Blower set up on a mobile home. I manually flip a switch from heat to cool at the furnace. Does my setup run off a relay switch instead of the 4-wire typical setup? Because my blower is running continuously as well. I've checked the contactor, a single-pole, and it is fine and not stuck. I also don't see any wires touching on the t-stat. Could I have a defective relay switch? If not, what is causing this to do this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upgrade our 2 wire thermostat to digital? [ 36 Answers ]

We have a thermostat that only has 2 wires, red and white coming out of the wall, and we want to change it to a digital thermostat with slots of W2, G, E, Y, C, B O, R or we also have a unit that has slots W1, G, Y, C, B, O, R So my question is this: Are we able to use either of the 2 new...

Trying to upgrade old 8 wire thermostat to new digital [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I thought this would be a breeze since I build computers, looks like I was wrong :confused: I took the old thermostat apart to expose the wires and noticed that in the instructions, there is no mention about 8 wire hook ups? Don't know what I'm doing at this point, and from what I can figure,...

Need to upgrade my Weathertron Model #3AAT80B1A1 to a digital thermostat. [ 2 Answers ]

I am curious if anyone would be able to help me with some suggestions on what type of digital thermostat would be compatible with my 8 wire set up to replace my Weathertron which has completely died. So I do not have heat at all, and not sure what type of thermostat I should get. Anyway any help...

Need to upgrade my Weathertron Model #3AAT80B1A1 to a digital thermostat. [ 1 Answers ]

I am curious if anyone would be able to help me with some suggestions on what type of digital thermostat I should get to which coincide with the 8 wires on the weathertron Model #3AAT80B1A1. No sure what to do the old thermostat won't even work now either, so any help would be great. Thanks ...

How do I wire in a digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat wiring is y g r o w2 e c .the new wiring is c g y o/b rc r aux e l . Can someone tell me how to wire it. I'm trying to wire in a honeywell digital thermostat. Model rth7400 my current therm is a nordyne 914832. Please help

View more questions Search