Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ForEverDying Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 11:47 AM
    He is literally killing my health... what's wrong with him?
    He terrorizes me, threatens me & controls my entire life. He is twice my age & doesn't see life from a normal, realistic stand-point, he cannot take care of most anything in his life (especially bills & spending, or getting his drivers license back after almost 20 years of losing it) himself, other than fixing himself pre-packaged cupcakes for almost all meals & showing up for his job (in which he is paid in tips by naked women). His behavior is extremely socially inappropriate & disturbing, as well as his behavior at home, with me. He constantly depends on me for almost everything (except financial, but could not manage money or pay bills on his own, or even with my help). He constantly tells me what a horrible person I am for correcting his obscene behavior (such as trying to jump out of moving vehicles at 55mph or higher) and he becomes loud and degrading when I refuse to do something that would otherwise effect my health or schedule in a negative way. He lashes out with temper tantrums that will last days, until I apologize or make up with him. He seems to see himself as a victim of some misfortune and blames everything/else but himself for things he does wrong. He only sees how "cruel and heartless" I am toward him & praises his wonderfulness toward me and his hard work at his job (which he does work 7 days a week now). I have begged him to file taxes, and he comes up with excuses (mainly my fault according to him) why he wasn't able to call about filing, and he completely disregards all priorities unless I am nice to him, & in his life. He claims that I am everything to him, and without me, life (as far as caring for his health and goal-related issues) have no purpose. I live in constant fear and guilt and I have lost everything in my life, and my health is failing... what is wrong with him?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2010, 11:56 AM

I don't think there's really a simple diagnosis. Seems like there's a lot of things going on. I have to ask though, why do you stay? What is your relationship to him? Whatever is wrong with him, it's not going to be anything you can fix. It would be something he would have to work on and from the picture you've painted of him I'm guessing he's not going to be willing to change. But maybe you can get out of the situation.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2010, 12:05 PM

There is no excuse for you to stay. Leave and go to a shelter or a friend. You are in charge of your own life and no one else's.
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Sep 14, 2010, 01:31 PM

I have much more important question for you. What is wrong with you for staying with him?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 01:38 PM

To me, he sounds like a selfish and immature little baby. I think you are better off with out him in your life.

I am sorry for your situation. I agree with Kit, you are in charge of your own life. So you should leave.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2010, 01:52 PM

First of all you need to know and understand that only a very small percentage of abusers can be helped, then they have to want the help, not just a means to get you back for more, serious long term help. Some abusers actually have personality disorders, narcissistic is one, They cannot be helped and there is nothing you can do to love them enough to make them well. Do an on line search and read all you can about all the personality disorders.

You need to leave this man. He is controlling, angry, abusive, and downright dangerous. His abuse will only get worse, never better.

Don't allow him to destroy your health. If someone were chasing you with a knife, you'd run, so why do you stay with him? He may be even more dangerous than the knife.

You need to RUN not walk away. Move out while he's at work and don't tell him where you're going. If you're afraid, then go to a woman's shelter.
    silverlining Posts: 52, Reputation: 30

Sep 14, 2010, 02:11 PM

Yes the question really is why do you stay?? Women that end up with men like these usually have issues of their own to begin with. Why would you let yourself be treated in this way? Don't you want to know how fulffiling it can be to be in a healthy loving relationship..

A relationship is supposed to make your life better not worse..
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Sep 14, 2010, 02:22 PM

Narcissistic?

Who knows and who cares?

How old are you?

Pack up your stuff and leave. This is not going to end well for you if you stay.

If all eight strangers can post here and tell you to leave then you should really think about it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 03:52 PM

I think a bit more background is needed such as your age and relationship to this person and how long you have been involved with him.

At the risk of sounding harsh, you need to stop allowing yourself to be treated like you are. You obviously make your own choices more than I think you are taking responsibility for. You say he controls your life, however, it sounds like he relies on you to control his. It seems like it makes a lot of frustration for both of you.

I think you have been enabling him even if you didn't mean to. I think you need to step back and allow those who are better trained and equipped deal with him.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 04:05 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cat1864 again.

Right on Cat1864
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Sep 14, 2010, 04:12 PM

Do you have any respect for him? Does he respect you? Are you with him because of his kindness? His charm? His generosity? His good sense? His responsible nature? His kindness? My point is this. Why in the world would you want to stay with him? What does he bring to your life that enhances it? Run, run as fast and as far as you can.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 06:41 PM

Walk out the door and never look back, living homeless on the street would be better than living in that environment.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 14, 2010, 06:46 PM
    I have to agree with Shadowburn here, this isn't about him, it's about you. You are the one posting, and you are the one presenting your own case, in your own words, to describe the man you chose to be with.

Unless he posts otherwise, the only thing that matters here, is what you are going to do about your own situation.

Are there children involved here?

I honestly cannot see one positive reason for you to stay.

So, I have to ask you, why do you stay?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 16, 2010, 07:26 AM

He is a nut, and he will make you one too, if he hasn't already. Time to go.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2010, 09:08 AM

We can't tell you what to do. We give advice. My advice is this. Run and get as far away from this man as you possibly can.

It will get worse. You have to make that choice. Only you.
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Sep 16, 2010, 04:08 PM

Well he just sounds like a peach.

And have you actually read your post? Read it. Out loud. To yourself. Again and again and again..

And then imagine its someone else's post.

What would you say?

Get the hell out.
    Starry nights Posts: 213, Reputation: 104

Sep 16, 2010, 11:07 PM

You seem to be stuck in a very harmful and dangerous situation... your post doesn't reflect your awareness of this though you mention in detail about what all he does to terrorise you... if you don't leave now,it'll be too late.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2010, 07:40 AM

Has she been back to answer?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 17, 2010, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Has she been back to answer?
    Nope, and I am not sure it is a she or what the real relationship is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog literally just had a puppy... What now? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, so I've never bred dogs before && I believed my 3.5lb yorkie was having a false pregnancy, but apparently somehow my 7lb yorkie got down to her level... this has never happened before && they have been together for about 5 years now. We really didn't think it was possible, apparently he's a...

Do you believe all of the bible absolute literally? [ 32 Answers ]

In Today's gospel lesson we read (from the NJB) Mark 1: 4. John the Baptist was in the desert, proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5. All Judaea and all the people of Jerusalem made their way to him, and as they were baptized by him in the river Jordan they...

Taking the Bible literally [ 75 Answers ]

Why do Christians take the Bible so literal? Some parts are absolutely absurd. There was a well-known Baptist, George Hensley, who took the Bible as the word of God. He thought they he would be invulnerable to snake bites and poisions This lunatic was constantly in trouble with the law for...

Love over an ocean. Literally. [ 4 Answers ]

I just discovered this site and after reading some questions on relationships I jumped to register. I've been stuck in this situation for months and it's haunting me. I've spoken with a couple close friends, but there seems to be no solution. I don't know what to do. Love is the most amazing thing...

View more questions Search