Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sloracs1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 07:07 PM
    Lennox heat pump makes noise, slow condenser fan
    Lennox, 20r-48 heat pump ac, roof mount in Phoenix, AZ outside temp 30-65 deg f.
    My heat pump makes a howl noise from the condenser fan and the fan speed is slow. Condenser coils frost outside but I haven't looked at the coils this time of the year in the past due to no need, (good performance and no noise). Not sure but maybe not heating as well as in the past season, (when not noisey). Condenser fan will be stopped during operation and start during cycle on heat pump mode. Please someone help.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2006, 06:42 PM
    My guess is the condenser fan motor is going bad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace (heat pump) making *really* loud noise. [ 2 Answers ]

Seeing as I don't know next to anything about heating/ac, I decided I'd post here to see if anyone had any idea. The setup is some old heat pump/furnace/water heater/etc, which all of a sudden at around 3:00am this morning decided to make a VERY loud noise. I had to shut it off (the furnace is a...

Lennox Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox heat pump. I have measured 220VAC to the bottom of the compressor contactor. However, when I turn the thermostat to cool the blower fan comes on but the outside compressor is not energized. I can manually engage the contactor and the compressor and cooling fan come on. I can't...

Ceiling fan with light kit on separate switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced a ceiling fan with light kit with a newer model. I hooked up the wires from the new fan/light to the same wires in the ceiling box that the old fan was hooked up to. There are two switches on the wall plate, one for the light and one for the fan. When I hooked up the new...

Blower Fan noise / slow to start [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I heard a rumbling noise coming from the closet in the hallway where our Trane XE80 gas furnace (April 1996) is located. With the door open the noise appeared to be coming from the blower area. We are in the heat of summer so, to stop the system, I set the temperature on the...

View more questions Search