Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattfd37 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 06:53 PM
    Replacing old single shower handle
    We just bought a house and the wife wants the handle replaced. I am not sure of the correct name of this type or style, it's obviously a single handle and it has a lever underneath that goes left or right to switch from shower to bath facet. I'm very handy and was just curious if this is something I could accomplish in a few hours. I would also assume I need to replace it with the same style and manufacture.
    Thanks for your help.
    Matt
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 10:21 PM
    You will have to describe the faucet a little better before you will get much help...

Dec 28, 2006, 02:52 PM
    It's a Symmons Temptrol single flat round dial that turns counterclockwise to turn on from cold to hot. There is a slide lever under the handle that goes left to right.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2006, 05:30 PM
    You can remove most shower and other faucet handles by prying off the little cap in the center and removing the screw under it. The handle then should pull off. Older ones can be a lot of trouble. Once off, it may or may not be something you can replace with a standard one. Take it to a hardware store and check what they have. You are more likely to get good help at a real hardware, Ace, True Value, etc. than Lowe's or Home Depot.

Jan 2, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing an electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home to Gas Heat [ 1 Answers ]

One of the single wide mobile homes in the park I supervise has an electrical wall heater and the elctrical bills have been astronomical, due probably to the poor insulation. Another reason, I guess, could be the age of the heater. The HVAC people that work for us told us that there is no...

Shower handle leakes from the knob [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody: The house is about 15 years old. This shower has been giving me problems with the hot water first and now is leaking from the middle handle that controls the shower and the tub. My main concern is that I cannot get to the assembly to change the parts because the shower is a...

Shower Handle [ 1 Answers ]

The single handle shower control knob needs to be turned slightly on to prevent dripping at the faucet when turned off. I also can't seem to get the water hot enough for my shower. Am I just catching the water heater at a "down" cycle or is something deteriorating in the handle mechanism?

Replacing single sink vanity [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing my single sink vanity with a double sink vanity. Can I use the water supply lines that were for the single sink for the 2 new sinks. What do I use to supply both sinks?

Leaking Outdoor Shower Handle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a summer house that we close in the winter. Every year I drain the pipes, take apart all the faucets, and put antifreeze down the drains. This year everything went well except for the outdoor shower. I connected all the pipes and turned the system on and the showers faucet handle began to...

View more questions Search