Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penifred Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 12:37 PM
    Poulan pro riding tractor turns over but does not start.
    I have a poulan pro 700 54 inch cut riding tractor. I noticed it quiting on me a few times the last few weeks, but it started up when I tried to start it. This time I started it, it ran for a few minutes then died. I checked the ignition and it seems OK. I put gas directly in the carb and it started but and ran for a short time. The fuel filter has gas in it and when blown through it looks OK. The engine is a Briggs and Stratton intek 22hp ohv . I did not see a fuel pump. Is it something wrong with the carb?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2010, 04:41 PM

Check the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb.
    Also the fuel pump will probably be black plastic and on the left side of the engine ,it should have three lines hooked to it,
    Left side sitting on tractor.
    penifred Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 10:30 AM
    Comment on DG's post
    Thanks. I checked the solenoid and it clicked, so I replaced the fuel filter anyway (it was cheap) It started and ran fine. I guess my blowing test was not helpful. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman 18 HP lawn tractor turns over but won't start [ 8 Answers ]

I have an older (86-87) 18 HP Craftsman lawn tractor (917.2559101) that turns over really nicely but will not catch and start. In fact it sounds like the starter is just turning freely without any load on it. Someone told me they thought I needed to replace the solenoid? I know this is an old...

Poulan XT riding mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a newer Poulan XT riding mower with a 16.5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. I flipped it over to remove cording that got stuck in the blades. Now it won't start. Would the oil that spilled out cause this problem? Please help.

Poulan pro riding tractor turns over but does not start. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a poulan pro 700 54 inch cut riding tractor. I noticed it quiting on me a few times the last few weeks, but it started up when I tried to start it. This time I started it, it ran for a few minutes then died. It has not started since. It does not seem to have a spark at the plug, but am...

Poulan lawn tractor won't start [ 0 Answers ]

I have a poulan 14.5 hp 38 in cut model 271491 from sears. It won't start, it sounds like it needs gas. I have changed the spark plug, fuel & air filters. Battery and connections all good. There is no spark coming from the spark plug. So I added a little fuel to the carb and it starts to whirl like...

View more questions Search