Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattremolde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 06:17 PM
    PA non refundable deposit
    My landlord is trying to charge me a non-refundable pet deposit. I read that it is illegal in PA to charge a non-refundable deposit. My original lease stated I was allowed a cat/dog no bigger than 40lbs. And there was no mention of a pet deposit or a pet fee per month.

Thanks,
    Matt
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2006, 08:03 PM
    There is a sticky at the top of this forum where you can check PA law on this issue. If your lease allowed a pet, with no mention of any fee, then simply point that out to your landlord. Of course, if you are now on a month to month, he could simply tell you to move after one month or you will need to sign a new lease that removes the pet clause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Witholding deposit [ 14 Answers ]

The following took place in Iowa: I moved into an apartment with 4 friends of mine. My roommate's dad went with us to look and the apartment and also wrote the check for our deposit as our landlord did not want separate checks and none of us had enough money to cover the full amount ($1300). ...

Deposit [ 6 Answers ]

In Pa. does a landlord have to put deposit in a escrow account. I have looked it up and think they have to. My landlord is taking me to court 6/26/06 because I didn't meet his standard of keeping house. I have a list of repairs that he hasn't done. I paid a months rent and deposit 11/01/05 and...

Deposit [ 2 Answers ]

Refundable deposit is classified as liability or not?

Deposit help [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into an apartment in 11/2004 and paid a $600.00 deposit. I gave my 30day notice and moved out on 01/06. No one was available to do a walk through with me due to the holiday weekend. I am now getting a letter in the mail that I owe 300.00 and they are keeping my deposit. I tried to talk...

For Deposit Only [ 2 Answers ]

If, along with proper endorsement, a check is marked "For Deposit Only", can the check be cashed, or does it have to be deposited into some type of suitable account? Additionally, if the check is marked "For Deposit Only To #####", can it be deposited in any other account than the one specified?

View more questions Search