Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaleb4hoops Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Scoliosis treatment and support
    I am a 16 year old male and I Have to go through surgery in March. I am involved in athletics at my school and I am very skeptic about the surgery. My curvetry is 53 and 30. I need stories about the surgery and gow you recovered please help. Every story I have had is about how painful it was. Im trying to be positive I know there will be pain.
    letti20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 01:02 PM
    I had and my operation on the 14th of September of this year and had my spine straightned and had metal rod put in my spine the first two weeks was a nightmare as I deveolped an infection which made my pain worse so if I didn't have an iinfection then my pain would have been more under control but it is very common to get an infection after an operation now I am on my 3rd week and am feeling a lot better than last week but its worth it because my curve was 54 degress and now my back flat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scoliosis Surgery [ 6 Answers ]

I have had metal rod/screws placed not my back from scoliosis. I always wondered. Can these rods/screws ever move or become loose over time? Or will they stay in place no matter what? Also is my back in any more danger of becoming worse?

Scoliosis treatment [ 9 Answers ]

I am 17 years old and have got scoliosis. I don't know how serious it is but I wish to get rid of it. It makes by back hurt if wearing something on my left shoulder (which is a little higher than my right one). Also, my back gets very stiff if I have been standing straight for some time, let's say...

Spondylosis and scoliosis or is it both [ 5 Answers ]

My wife has had spondylosis for a number of years. Recently They called it scoliosis. I do not think these conditions are one Of the same? Scoliosis is curvature of the spine. I wonder if its two different problems, perhap one Has caused the other?

Child support when son is in residential treatment facility [ 10 Answers ]

Ex husband and I divorced (final in 2001) and son now 13. He has lived with his dad for past 6 years in TN. I had my son all long weekends, holidays, summer vacation. In our legal agreement we stated there be no child support, that we would provide for him in each others care. Now after 6 years my...

View more questions Search