Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badabo_22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 05:34 AM
    Making quadratic equations and solve
    A 42 years old father is 7 times older than his son.what is the son's age?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2010, 06:54 AM

If the father is 42 years old... and his age is 7 times the age of his son, you can put it like this:

7y = 42

Where y is the age of the son. Multiply that age by 7 to get the age of the father.

Can you work out the age of the son now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic: Solve (e^x - e^-x)/2 = 2 (sinhx = 2) [ 5 Answers ]

I know x = 1.443 but I need to solve it now using algebra, not my calculator. Pauls Online Notes : Algebra - Solving Exponential Equations Algebra II: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions - Math for Morons Like Us These are 2 of the sites I've been on, I've also gone through my textboox...

Solve using quadratic equation [ 3 Answers ]

I have no clue how to solve these 2 word problems! 1. Chris cuts half a rectangular lawn 40m by 30m, by mowing strips of equal width around the perimeter. Jeri cuts the small rectangle that's left. How wide a strip does Chris cut so that they share the work equally? 2. Dieter makes a journey...

How to solve simple word quadratic equations [ 2 Answers ]

A signal flare is fired upward from ground level with an initial speed of 294 m/s. A balloonist cruising at a height of 2450 m sees it pass on the way up. How long will it be before the flare passes the balloonist again on the way down?

How to solve simple word quadratic equations [ 1 Answers ]

A rectangle is 4cm longer than it is wide, and its area is 117 cm2. Find its dimensions.

Solve this quadratic prob. As soon as possible [ 2 Answers ]

if d equation x^3+3px^2+3qx+r=0 and x^2+2px+q=0have a common root ,then 4(p^2-q)(q^-pr)=?

View more questions Search